rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mangagement Rings

Mangagement Rings

I saw on this mentioned on Bill Maher's show this week and looked it up on Google to confirm its existence, and sure enough.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mary-schwa...87953.html

I cant imagine anything more lame then for a man to wear an engagement ring before getting married. On Bill Maher's show the guest said that 5% of men in the USA wear these rings (still too many). Gay marriage aside, chalk this up to what George Carlin once called "The Pussification of America" But there's a quote on my link that says that this is common in other countries, that has to be BS, no?

Mangagement Rings

According to the Wikipedia article concerning engagement rings...

Quote:Quote:

In some countries (but not most of the Western world), both men and women wear engagement rings.

No citation for sources in the article, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engagement_ring#For_men

I expect "man-gagement" rings to become more popular in the future as desperate women seek to lock down men - lots of alpha pump-and-dumpers, plenty of betas doing the "Men Going The Other Way" routine. But fewer men seeking to hitch themselves.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Mangagement Rings

In their never ending quest to convince men that "egalitarian" 21st century marriage is oh so worth it, the Atlantic has a piece on these rings.
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/arch...ng/283827/

Mangagement Rings

These "men" are giving a bad name to one of the most unheralded Alpha men on the planet: Mr. Ringo Starr.

I'm reading that massive new biography on them "All These Years" and came across an interesting tidbit about Ringo before he hooked up with the Beatles. While they were struggling to get their act together, Ringo was playing drums with the top regional band at a holiday resort and nailing different women every week, all of whom would arrive "in busloads" (his words). The kicker? He was also engaged to a woman back home in Liverpool.

Forget music. The 20-year-old Ringo was a pioneer of peacocking since he wore multiple rings partially to attract questions from women.

He would definitely not have approved of this sort of ring. His long-lost fiancee (who he never married) might, though.

Mangagement Rings

Quote: (02-16-2014 07:57 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

These "men" are giving a bad name to one of the most unheralded Alpha men on the planet: Mr. Ringo Starr.

I'm reading that massive new biography on them "All These Years" and came across an interesting tidbit about Ringo before he hooked up with the Beatles. While they were struggling to get their act together, Ringo was playing drums with the top regional band at a holiday resort and nailing different women every week, all of whom would arrive "in busloads" (his words). The kicker? He was also engaged to a woman back home in Liverpool.

Forget music. The 20-year-old Ringo was a pioneer of peacocking since he wore multiple rings partially to attract questions from women.

He would definitely not have approved of this sort of ring. His long-lost fiancee (who he never married) might, though.

Damn, I always thought his crowning achievement was narrating thomas the tank engine.

Quote: (02-26-2015 01:57 PM)delicioustacos Wrote:  
They were given immense wealth, great authority, and strong clans at their backs.

AND THEY USE IT TO SHIT ON WHORES!

Mangagement Rings

Shit. If I ever get married I'm not even wearing a wedding ring (It is not common for men in my culture to wear wedding rings) let alone an engagement ring. What is this shit? Does the ring have pretty sparkling diamonds for the man to gush over?