rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Will Gay Marriage in the USA effect Game?

Do you think gay marriage will change the Game now that the "1%" have decided to push for it?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...e-PSA.html

How would it conceivably affect game?

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Ask cats from big gay cities such as Atlanta, San Fran to comment.

Does it make lizards more receptive since the pool of eligibles is smaller or does it make them more critical, holding the straights to the standards of the effeminate men?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Gay marriage will lead to gay divorce which will bring in the new era of the gay player. And maybe a new subcategory under Game on RVF. [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

I could see it changing the game in a minor way. Fag hagging would probably cut down. Gays would go out with their husband/wife/whatever instead of being the token homo in a group of girls cock blocking dudes. It wouldn't be earth shattering but I've read more then a few stories of guys getting cockblocked by the gay friend.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Even without gay marriage, California has ruled divorce proceedings are necessary when terminating "registered domestic partnerships". Which has been an unpleasant surprise for the gay community. So in California at least, gays are finding fast what divorce is all about.

The gay community in SF is very self-isolating. They have their little two block area in the Castro area of San Francisco, and most of it is shops that sell tourist shit. They're pretty mean spirited and treat the newcomers pretty horribly. There's a lot of pressure for conformity on gays by the established gays. You have to dress gay. Talk gay. Walk gay. Or you're ostracized. I've heard gay guys boast they won't even talk with newcomers unless they've had sex first. Literally, "I won't talk with you unless we have sex first." There's also a lot of drugs going around, and when they're going for anonymous sex off of craigslist.org, you'll see that getting high is pretty much required before you can have sex.

From what I see, gay's don't have game. Occasionally you'd see "I've got weed/ecstacy" as an opener in a gay bar, but with everything going on-line and virtual now the bars are not what they used to be (the hanky code was pretty hilarious). Grindr was novel for a while --you could be so lazy you didn't even have to go out of your apartment to hook up. But now I hear it's just become a bunch of home-sloths who keep seeing the same other home-sloths they're already bored of pop-up as closest to them every night.

Gays will always cockblock attempts to open their faghag orbiters. Some gays just hate breeders and hate the idea that their faghag is also a breeder. The real extremists would like to see all heterosexual sex made illegal as a way of ending overpopulation. Castro gays live in a bubble world where they can say shit like this all the time and never be contradicted. Gay marriage won't effect this one iota, since they will continue telling their faghag orbiters that gay is the ideal, and heterosexual behavior is gross and leads to breeding.

I don't really see gay marriage affecting heterosexuals meeting each other at all around here. San Francisco through Silicon Valley has lot of social isolation and loneliness. Career girls who slave away at their jobs, dutifully ride the subway straight home every night, watch TV, never go out, and wish for a man in their life. And now there's the girls who downsized their lifestyle, moved back in with their parents in their late 20s or 30s, and really have no clue how to meet men at all.

It certainly won't affect the Oakland cats on the downlow. Most of those dudes are already married. To women. And still having their weekly "mens nights".

The one exception to this is the widows clubs. There's a constant stream of rich elderly women in their 60s and 70s who are widowed and decide San Francisco would be more fun than Florida. And there's a whole bunch of gay guys in their 50s who are too old and fat for the Castro gay scene, are broke, and suddenly start wooing these widows and bilking them of all their money. Gay marriage will probably clear up the competition for the widow clubs, but really, most of those women are only here for a year, drop a hundred grand or two, then leave town broke.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

It will affect it, for the better. Less fag hagging means less gay men hanging around women and cock blocking potential male suitors. And less gay men in the closet means less gay men marrying women thus increasing the pool of available women.

Quote: (02-09-2012 02:59 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

I could see it changing the game in a minor way. Fag hagging would probably cut down. Gays would go out with their husband/wife/whatever instead of being the token homo in a group of girls cock blocking dudes. It wouldn't be earth shattering but I've read more then a few stories of guys getting cockblocked by the gay friend.

Your mistake is taking gays at their word. I don't think the sheer availability of gay marriage is going to usher in this era of monogamy among homosexuals. Half of gay 'marriages' are 'open marriages.' Gay men are still men with no woman in the equation to prevent them from racking up partner counts in the hundreds and thousands.

Quote:Quote:

Gay marriage will lead to gay divorce which will bring in the new era of the gay player. And maybe a new subcategory under Game on RVF.

Welcome to the 'Gayme' forum.

I don't think we'll see much of a difference. One conservative writer I read suggests straight people might take marriage less seriously once gays start doing it. So maybe women will marry even less than they do now, there'll be less pressure to get married, etc.

"Your mistake is taking gays at their word. I don't think the sheer availability of gay marriage is going to usher in this era of monogamy among homosexuals. Half of gay 'marriages' are 'open marriages.' Gay men are still men with no woman in the equation to prevent them from racking up partner counts in the hundreds and thousands."

You beat me to it. Most gays aren't seeking monogamy. For most, it's a symbolic victory and nothing more. Another reason for them to go out and celebrate, drink, then find yet another dude to go home with.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Personally, I don't give a shit about gay people, so I voted for "who gives a shit". I am by no means homophobic, but like most straight men, I still cringe when I see to flamingly gay men kiss in public. If they want to get married and what they do in their personal life is none of my business. Personally, my only issue is with gay couples adopting children, I think it's better to prioritize placing children with heterosexual couples. So to answer the question, no I don't think gay marriage will affect game for straight people in the U.S.A.

Also, what's the deal with gay guys cockblocking, I've never heard of this happening before, from what I've observed if you're cool, friendly, and respectful to the gay dude, he's more likely to help hook you up with his straight female friends, then cock block you. Unless ofcourse you are disrespectful or rude to the guy.

I've never been cockblocked by a gay dude. More often they have encouraged the girl. Gay dudes give their girlfriends bad advice in telling them to fuck around as much as they want to, that they shouldn't let anyone judge them, that there are not consequences from being a slut etc.

I have a couple of gay friends who are far from the stereotype. They're always happy to send girls my way and they know some serious hotties.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (02-09-2012 05:58 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

I've never been cockblocked by a gay dude. More often they have encouraged the girl. Gay dudes give their girlfriends bad advice in telling them to fuck around as much as they want to, that they shouldn't let anyone judge them, that there are not consequences from being a slut etc.

I have gay friends who are far from the stereotype. They're always happy to send girls my way and they know some serious hotties.

This has actually been my experience as well, but gay guys love me, I'm a fagnet, but again from what I've read from others gay guys can be a huge cockblock.

I didn't think about the fact that gays would only symbolically take on the rights of marriage, you're most likely right, Basil, though the idea of gay divorce, heh, thats a whole genre of day time court shows waiting to happen.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Sheeeeeeet, gays are the best thing going for straight guys.

Being in shape and taking care of one's self, even in LA, makes girl think you're gay. In SF, I was top 10% of men, and any guy who was better built/looking than me....presumably gay!

Girls are super happy when I'd open them.

I hope more guys - especially guys hotter than me! - become gays.

And I believe, as Prophet Roosh noted on his blog sometime back, that women being bitches had "turned" guys gay. Guys are sick of women, so they bone each other. Be honest: If you could make yourself attracted to men, wouldn't you want to be gay?

There are way more gay guys in LA than a decade ago. They are everywhere.

God bless them.

Quote: (02-09-2012 03:03 PM)Blackhawk Wrote:  

The gay community in SF is very self-isolating. They have their little two block area in the Castro area of San Francisco, and most of it is shops that sell tourist shit. They're pretty mean spirited and treat the newcomers pretty horribly. There's a lot of pressure for conformity on gays by the established gays. You have to dress gay. Talk gay. Walk gay. Or you're ostracized. I've heard gay guys boast they won't even talk with newcomers unless they've had sex first. Literally, "I won't talk with you unless we have sex first." There's also a lot of drugs going around, and when they're going for anonymous sex off of craigslist.org, you'll see that getting high is pretty much required before you can have sex.

LOL. When did you live in SF? Try never.

Gay guys hit on me all the time, were cool that it wasn't my scene, and would help me swoop girls.

Gays are only in Castro?

What about the Folsom Street bars?

What about the Folsom Street/Up Your Alley fair?

What about in the financial district, at Equinox?

What about the EndUp?

Gays are everywhere in S.F.

Either you never lived in SF, or you have no idea about the "gay scene."

Do you know the difference between a gay bar and a gay-friendly bar? Doubt it.

Honey!

Quote: (02-09-2012 03:45 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

"Your mistake is taking gays at their word. I don't think the sheer availability of gay marriage is going to usher in this era of monogamy among homosexuals. Half of gay 'marriages' are 'open marriages.' Gay men are still men with no woman in the equation to prevent them from racking up partner counts in the hundreds and thousands."

You beat me to it. Most gays aren't seeking monogamy. For most, it's a symbolic victory and nothing more. Another reason for them to go out and celebrate, drink, then find yet another dude to go home with.

How long have you lived in SF?

How many gays do you personally know? Not a guy you know at work, but a guy whose crib you've crashed in, or who you've partied with, that you could call if you needed bailed out of jail?

So many experts on gays seem to have never lived around gays, and don't actually have gay friends.

Gays want equal rights.

Seems reasonable enough to me.

Quote: (02-09-2012 12:46 PM)ColSpanker Wrote:  

Do you think gay marriage will change the Game now that the "1%" have decided to push for it?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...e-PSA.html

The guy in the article is gonna possibly be in some insider trading trouble, so I bet he's just trying to warm up to Barney Frank by putting that ad out there.

Aloha!

Quote: (02-09-2012 06:22 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

How many gays do you personally know? Not a guy you know at work, but a guy whose crib you've crashed in, or who you've partied with, that you could call if you needed bailed out of jail?

So many experts on gays seem to have never lived around gays, and don't actually have gay friends.

Gays want equal rights.

Why are your arguments nearly always ad hominem?

Quote: (02-09-2012 07:04 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Quote: (02-09-2012 06:22 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Gays want equal rights.

Why are your arguments nearly always ad hominem?

Asking if someone has personal experience is not an attack on the person.

One of the biggest problems with the Internet is guys signing on, talking about stuff they have no experience with, and spreading misinformation.

I only talk about things I have personal knowledge on.

If I haven't lived it, I can't talk it.

So I'm going to call guys out for their bullshit.

Simply way around this? Don't talk about things you don't actually know about. Live a little before telling other guys what life is about.

Not popping off ignorantly will elevate the discussion far more than any other norms.

Gay guys are the easiest people in the world to make friends with. They interact with so many bigots and people who are uncomfortable around them that if you're just a normal, chill dude they'll absolutely love you. They make awesome wingmen too and will regularly help you hit on their female friends. If you're getting cockblocked by gay guys it's probably because you were being a dick to them.

And about gays not being interested in marriage: it's just not true. Sure, there are plenty of gay guys with notch counts in the upper triple digits (much like many of us would have if it were as easy for us to hook up as it is for them), but plenty of gay guys want relationships too, just like how not every straight man is a player. In any event, it's no reason to deny them basic rights (although I largely agree that it may turn out to be a mixed blessing once they find out about the wonders of divorce).

Quote: (02-09-2012 07:12 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Wow, is that all you're asking? Then the answer is yes, I have personal experience of San Francisco.

Isn't that something you could have asked in a personal message first, before launching into public attack and shame mode?

And I'm not sure how rushing to discount and silence all opinions other than your own helps the forum any.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."

Quote: (02-09-2012 09:22 PM)Blackhawk Wrote:  

Wow, is that all you're asking? Then the answer is yes, I have personal experience of San Francisco.

Isn't that something you could have asked in a personal message first, before launching into public attack and shame mode?

And I'm not sure how rushing to discount and silence all opinions other than your own helps the forum any.

You are the guy who said, "They have their little two block area in the Castro area of San Francisco."

I may sound like a dick, but that's just false. It's either a lie or you don't know what you're talking about.

I didn't attack you personally. I cited specific examples showing that gays are a lot more than 2 blocks.

See, that's the problem. Guys who just don't know chime in, and then get offended when they are told they don't know.

You'll never see me say shit about gaming in Poland, because I've never been.

If a guy is saying, "They have their little two block area in the Castro area of San Francisco," then it's a fact - not an opinion - that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I don't eve care if people hate guys. If you lived in Castro around gays, and hate them, fine. That's in informed opinion.

But if you come in here with homophobic bullshit that isn't based on the reality of living in SF or hanging out with gay guys, yeah, I'm going to correct it.

Why?

Because most straight dudes who are cool can be helped like crazy by gay SF guys.

If you go in an SF gay friendly bar with the right attitude, then the gays will be the biggest cock helpers of all time.

If you go in with the attitude that, "They have their little two block area in the Castro area of San Francisco," and hate all straight guys, you're gonna miss out.

I'd rather have guys not miss out.

Quote: (02-09-2012 09:36 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

You are the guy who said, "They have their little two block area in the Castro area of San Francisco."

I may sound like a dick, but that's just false. It's either a lie or you don't know what you're talking about.

I didn't attack you personally. I cited specific examples showing that gays are a lot more than 2 blocks.

See, that's the problem. Guys who just don't know chime in, and then get offended when they are told they don't know.

If a guy is saying, "They have their little two block area in the Castro area of San Francisco," then it's a fact - not an opinion - that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I don't eve care if people hate guys. If you lived in Castro around gays, and hate them, fine. That's in informed opinion.

But if you come in here with homophobic bullshit that isn't based on the reality of living in SF or hanging out with gay guys, yeah, I'm going to correct it.

Why?

Because most straight dudes who are cool can be helped like crazy by gay SF guys.

If you go in an SF gay friendly bar with the right attitude, then the gays will be the biggest cock helpers of all time.

If you go in with the attitude that, "They have their little two block area in the Castro area of San Francisco," and hate all straight guys, you're gonna miss out.

The problem was the tone of your response. It WAS hostile. You assume others had no personal experience, then you yourself came off like the "expert." Also, who are you to demand others qualify themselves to you? I can't verify how many gay guys you know, nor can you verify anything that I might write. And I don't see how your particular circle speaks for all gays nationwide. That was the problem with your response. Nothing I wrote was homophobic, nor did I state that rights should be denied anyone. I merely stated from my own life and observations what I thought. That's all. Everyone's experiences are different, thus shaping each individual's opinion.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (02-09-2012 09:36 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Why?

Okay mike, how long did you live in SF?

You and blackhawk are both framing your descriptions of the city based on your own personal experiences, but he has done a much better job of describing of the general structure of the gay community in the city.

If you are in the top 10% of guys, then you understand that you are going to get hit on by gay guys anywhere, not just here in SF.

Look it's true like you say, that there are gay guys everywhere here - but the gay culture only permeates really strongly in the castro. Every other neighborhood is essentially a straight neighborhood with gay people living in it. You could argue that some parts of Soma like say 9th and folsom area are close to the castro in "gayness" but even there it's still a mainly straight area with a lot of gay bars, and some freaky leather shit.

Also, the comment that gay guys here will help you out if you just approach them with the right attitude is mainly bullshit. Gay guys and lesbians LIVE to cockblock and maybe you will get some help from them some of the time - **but most gay guys are too self-obsessed and wrapped up in their own bullshit/drug habits/sucking the next guy's cock to give a shit about you and your straight ass getting laid.**

I have lived in SF since 2007, go out 4+ times a week, know tons of people, and I feel like I have a pretty fuckin good social understanding of the city..

-Sugar

Gay marriage has little to no effect on game. One must look at the preceding factor tho... That Gay people in positions of influence and power effect game negatively!! They run the same agenda as feminists as both movements piggyback of each other. America still has a long way to go but when you have a over tolerant group with Gays and feminists in key positions of influence and power you get.... Ummm errrrr. Toronto. Lol.

Toronto vs SF. Toronto scene is not isolated and is very much part of the "normal evreyday Toronto" Gay people live in the affluent trendy areas and go to strait bars. America is a long ways from this, even places like Atlanta and SF seem more insular from posts in here then I assumed.

Call me a biggot but I believe gay couples if they want marriage should be double taxed as they require more resources from the state with no returns on those resources (children and the growth of the workforce and taxbase and the passing on of wealth and assets). Technology and the State only make Gay marrige viable, in a natural world removed from those protections it would not be viable. That's my biggot rant for the week. If you didn't like it. Well ya no apologies. Cheers. Lol.

"They have their little two block area in the Castro area of San Francisco," which I think you repeat a ridiculous 5 times in this thread, is completely accurate and talking about the Castro business district, which extends on Castro from 17th street to the Castro Day Spa on 19th, after which it goes residential. I walked it this weekend to confirm that I wasn't inaccurate. Tourists come here, they follow a mile of gay flags on Market Street through non-gay sections to the Castro ...and are uniformly underwhelmed. There's nothing there, really. A Walgreens is the largest shop on Castro. And the people I know in the Eureka Valley business district are pretty adamant they are not part of and separate from the Castro, even though they're only two blocks away. The sacrifices I make for this forum!

Never been to Equinox since I prefer the Burritt Room in that part of town. The End Up is hardly a gays-only bar --it's reggae dub step one night, reelsoul the next, really just a bunch of travelling DJ parties one after another, a few days of which each month are gay focused. Because of their location, I'd kinda put both these places as clubs that cater to the bridge and tunnel crowd that locals avoid. No one likes wasting their time to then find out their target lives hours away in San Carlos, Fremont, or Walnut Creek.

The existence of temporary events like fairs that cater to tourists flying in doesn't mean anything about the actual residents of the city. Burning Man builds a city of 50,000 out of nothing in a desert every year. San Francisco has 30,000 cardiologists visiting one week, planes full of gays the next, then it's planes full of people for Mac World or Oracle World next. Tourists are not residents. They just fill up hotels for a few days then fly back home, replaced by the next interest group.

I wouldn't qualify the Folsom Street fair as gay as much as open to sex performers of all stripes. I know multiple heterosexual sex performers that work it fishing for private clients. Guys on this forum know lap dancers are a rip off to be avoided. Everything offered at the Folsom Street Fair is exactly the same --expensive ways of avoiding having sex similar to lap dances. Do not waste your time or money there.

More importantly, I have to disagree that "Gays are everywhere in S.F.", which is a common tourist misconception. Tourists come off the plane thinking every local man they see in SF is gay. We are not. The vast majority of the men in SF are heterosexual, with gays, even here, being a minority. Estimates of the gay population range as low as 4,000 to as high as 80,000 when a lot of tourists fly in for a weekend event like the Gay Pride parade (which still bloats the gay number with a lot of confused straights waving rainbow flags to show they're "supportive") with the median estimate being 12,000 gay city residents. Which means that as you walk around San Francisco, only 1 out of every 20 men you see is gay, with the other 19 out of 20 straight. Even if you chose to visit when some gay tourist event is flooding the city with out of town tourist gays for a weekend, at most only 3 out of 20 men you see would be gay, with the other 17 out of 20 straight. And while the gay population is highly concentrated in the Castro or say, the tranny staff of asiaSF (whose all-tranny floor show is popular with bachelorette parties for some sick reasoning of the female mind) , that means they're much lower than 1 out of 20 in most other districts of the city like North Beach or the Mission.

I will strongly agree with Kosko that "the feminism and gay movements piggyback off of each other." When I think of that, the main result of gays getting more political muscle will be more government social programming of men to be betas, and more prosecution of alpha men with made up crap.