rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Datasheet: Calgary, Canada

Datasheet: Calgary, Canada

Quote: (06-08-2017 02:49 PM)TooFineAPoint Wrote:  

The best areas of Calgary are also the most liberal: Beltline, Kensington, Mission. Mission being the most conservative of the three simply because it is more expensive and has more families/stability. Kensington the most because of students and alternative types.

These types of people do excel at making me coffee and bringing me plates of food, so it works out rather well.

Sunalta, though a nice area, seems to have more young family NDP supporter types, which was a shame.

I also enjoyed Eau Claire, but I don't know much about the people who live there. There are some very high end condos.

Compared to the rest of Canada, Calgary is awesome. The only downside is winter, and they probably have the 2nd easiest winter of all major cities anyway.

There is a high degree of respect for working hard and having ambition in Calgary, yet the customer service remains comparably high (to the rest of the country). Unless you are super industry specific, you can easily just associate with politically neutral / right leaning types and still not limiting your options.

If you live in the areas I described above, you don't even need a car. It's a very walkable city if you stick to those areas and just rent when you want to head to the mountains or the okanagan.
I think the question was if Calgary is more liberal than most Canadian citcies ? i have found canadians more conservative and less sexual than americans, so more americanized the city is , better is.. ( here in Monteal girls are against ONS , more conservative European mentality)

And Is it easier to find job (corporate jobs ) on IT-Finance in Calgary or Vancouver ? Still Alberta Salaries the highest of all Canada ?

Messages In This Thread