rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Airbnb banned my account

Airbnb banned my account

Quote: (01-08-2019 07:08 PM)Tigre Wrote:  

AirBnb doesn't resemble that description at all.

It's a company with a huge valuation that hasn't gone public yet. They want to steer clear of bad press under any circumstances.

If they get the slightest complaint from a guest or owner, they'll throw money at the problem until everyone is happy.

You can click a couple of buttons on the page and be talking with a human within 60 seconds.

Their service fees are very high. But those high fees also ensure that if you have any kind of customer complaint, they will make it right for you.

In my personal experience, they comped me $200 I had no right to receive, just because I asked them to.

PayPal also gave me $10 to sign up back in the day. Drug dealers also give children their first hit for free.

I don't think Airbnb's lax refund "policy" is indicative of its good nature or good sense.

More likely that they have a cesspool of absent and poor procedures and systems in place, and a bucket of surplus investor money to throw at problems to massage the client and customer growth statistics to justify its massive valuation so the owners can achieve their IPO exit event.

As for their human customer service, in 60 seconds you can be talking with a struggling English speaker in the Philippines or Portugal,
whichever is further, who will put you on hold while they ask a manager for what to do and then conveniently hang up on you "on accident".

That is, when Murphy's Law doesn't apply, such as when your apartment is flooded or a stranger walks in, and then the hold time is 2 hours.

Messages In This Thread