rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best and Worst Travel Moments 2018

Best and Worst Travel Moments 2018

Hey guys. Now that the holidays are over with the calendar year not far behind, I thought it would be interesting to look back and recap our travel experiences this year. This can be a memorable girl you were with, a destination, an experience, or just an interesting day or night out. I'll start:

Best:

I didn't get abroad this year but I was able to discover the culture New Orleans had to offer in my own country. The unique sounding jazz, loose free for all vibes, along with owning their southern charm allowed me to not give up hope on the US still having culture frontiers.

I also had one small nature stop in the middle of a road trip this year. I went to some sand dunes by a lake and walked around those solo for hours. The day started out cloudy and I saw one dune on the other side closer to the water. I decided to walk over to find a lake view despite sand being blown all over there. When I walk to the top, something amazing happened. The clouds suddenly cleared up as I got there after being overcast all day. The sun came out right there and then, I put my headphones on and was just at inner piece for a while sitting there solo enjoying the view.

Worst:

I don't know if anyone still vacations with family sometimes for reunions and such, but I was offered a free trip with family so I took it. A lot of issues came out between family members on it, so we all kind of knew that was the nail in the coffin on doing future trips together. Only kind of sad as a leaving my childhood behind kind of thing. We used to go on some pretty memorable vacations together.

I kind of realized cities of temptation are a weakness for me that I probably need to address. Basically anywhere that has 24/7 drinking available, I'd normally take full advantage and sometimes get into other stuff. In New Orleans I drank for 15 hours straight one night that caused me to miss half of the event I flew in for the next day. In another 24/7 city I used the open bar for about 12 hours and ended up getting tossed by hotel security for being drunk at 10 am.

I've pretty much been cold turkey since the last one, thinking twice about going back to 24/7 environments in the near future.

I'm sure a lot of you have more epic stories on both sides from this year, so what's yours?

As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a player.

2018 New Orleans Datasheet
New Jersey State Datasheet

Messages In This Thread