rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Paris or Tokyo

Paris or Tokyo

I've been to both 3 x

Been said to death. It's a matter of taste. For me, Tokyo wins by a landslide.

I've had numerous overpriced, shitty meals in Paris. I cannot say the same about Tokyo. In fact, I've never had a bad meal in Japan, ever. Maybe somewhat average, but never bad. I've eaten all over the world and have a much more refined palate than most.

A major factor I didn't see addressed is politeness. The politeness of Japanese culture feels almost luxurious to me. I actually don't find the French to be nearly as snobby or rude as their stereotype portrays (I also speak enough French to get by in many situations), but it's certainly nowhere near the level of Japanese hospitality, be it from service workers or outright strangers.

I find Japanese women to be some of the most beautiful on the planet. Yes you'll run into plenty of fuglies on the streets with fucked up teeth, but there are moments when you step into a shopping mall in Shibuya and it's like the heavens opening up and a sea of porcelain skinned stunners as far as the eye can see.

Both cities have great parks in the Spring/Summer. Matter of taste. Both cities have great day trips for weekends. Both have pretty stunning nature. France you've got wine, Japan you've got Sake. I love both but would give the edge to France here. A couple hours by train and you're in some of the, if not THE, greatest wine country on Earth.

Going back to food, I'd say French food in Tokyo is better than Japanese food in Paris. In Tokyo you also get a pretty awesome representation of Chinese and Korean food.

Snow sports are unreal in Japan. Nozawaonsen is a special place. I haven't been skiing in the French alps yet but I have a hard time believing it compares.

The cleanliness factor. Many parts of Paris are a shithole, even in the central and touristy areas. Hard to enjoy that macaron in the trendy Marais when the streets smell like piss. Even Kabuchiko feels tame and clean compared to other major cities (ever been to skid row in L.A.?) and much of Tokyo feels like a movie set, it's so clean.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Messages In This Thread