rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lessons I Learned About Pickup/Women After 8 Years Hustling pt. 1

Lessons I Learned About Pickup/Women After 8 Years Hustling pt. 1

Quote: (11-17-2018 12:27 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

A timely thread. I was feeling a little down yesterday and I was talking with Belgrano about this. Sometimes it feels like game is some sort of endless grind.

Another friend of mine said that it is an issue of quality and that I should strike at higher quality chicks, but for me it's more of a spiritual thing. Endlessly trying for higher quality doesn't really address the fundamental issue I keep hitting which is that I'm no longer in it because it's fun. The days of dressing up and being nervous for dates are over. I now feel like I'm sort of a robot. I have my game plan, I execute that gameplan, I pull or don't pull and I repeat.

I do it to sate some biological need to acquire more things.

I'm not blaming game for anything. In fact, I'd say game improved my life immensely. I went from 0 dates for years on end to be able to secure as many dates as I like with a nice crop of girls. They're not all 10s, but going from 0 to 6-7s on the regular with a sprinkling of 7+ really did a lot for me.

The issue I now find is that I'm fundamentally incompatible with game as a lifestyle. I just find it soul-crushingly boring.

I figure I just need to challenge myself, but I don't feel that same zest for it. I remember always being so hyped for Thurs-Sun, but now I'm like "eh, I'll cancel this date and read or prep for the gym tomorrow. There will always be another hole to plug if this one doesn't hash out."

Plateaus like this happen in everything, in work, in spirituality, in relationships.

Often though, it is that sense of aridness that forces you to take action, and I have come to find that whenever I find myself discouraged by something that used to bring me pleasure, I am right on the verge of some big breakthrough, often a change in outlook, that will change everything.

Not that the feeling doesn't suck when it is happening.

It's just that now, instead of thinking, well this sucks and it will stay the same or get worse, I interpret feelings like this as a sign that something is changing inside of me that my conscious mind hasn't caught up to yet and verbalized.

Obviously your mileage may very, but it is a possibility.

(I am thinking of the story of Distant Light here too. What a drastic change in approach he had and it fit with his personality better, and then he was off to the races.)

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Messages In This Thread