rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How much control should you exert in an LTR?

How much control should you exert in an LTR?

I think one should make a distinction here, co-dependency is a term used by psychologists for a number of theories, but not all caring or validation behaviour is co-dependent.

If I tell my girl she has a nice hair cut there is nothing co-dependent in that, it would only be such if it is a compulsive behaviour. For example if I were compelled to tell her a constant stream of compliments to compulsively seek her approval, that would be co-dependent behaviour.

I think generally some measure of validation from or towards a partner is fine. The difficulty is where to draw the line, when is behaviour compulsive and when it is 'normal'.

In general terms I still think you can achieve professional success, be rich, but without a woman that loves you it will not be the total prize. There's a reason why Lennon wrote 'Woman, thank you for showing me the meaning of success'.

But I would agree that the compulsive and obsessive seeking of validation or approval from women is of course mad.

Messages In This Thread