rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How much control should you exert in an LTR?

How much control should you exert in an LTR?

The annoying thing is, I understand the logic of the principles, for instance I am aware that showing jealousy kills attraction. And yet when we're on text if she doesn't reply within 2 minutes, say replies after five, I'm liable to ask if she's chatting to someone else. Then we get into an argument. I know I should not show jealousy, but doing it is a completely different proposition.

I think I fell in love for the first time with this girl. I never felt this way before. Not sure why it should be, but it was.

The reason why we focused on the provider game here was because there was a real need on her part. She is in her late twenties but still lives with her mother. She has no job, but has to contribute her share of the bills. So she has a genuine need for money, to help her family with whom she is, unfortunately, very bound up.

I understood this. So I was willing to send a bit of cash, what are 500 dollars to me, after all, and if it meant a lot to her, well I care for her and want her to be happy. However, this has created an absolute entitlement mentality. She started to demand a certain amount, as of right, as it were, because she became used to it. Not sure how I could have avoided it. We're now at a stage where I was reading to go and be with her and she's saying things like, I want my full allowance, if you can't provide it I'll look for someone else. This after I said I would travel to her, so we can be together.

I actually picked her because I thought she was middle class, after all she'd shown her pics when she was in Japan and Denmark. I thought, wow she really travels. That's how naive I was, of course, she was just invited by her sister and by her boyfriend there, she didn't have much income. You can't rely on FB, you really have to get to know a person.

About love, I actually felt like she genuinely loved me. But it was bound up in financial need, constantly. She stayed with me for 3 years, even at the time when I was looking for a job for seven months. When I had the job she did not make outrageous demands, to be fair.

But now I want to take care of her, nothing is enough. It's like she got hooked on the money like an addict and needs a bigger hit each time.

Messages In This Thread