rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How much control should you exert in an LTR?

How much control should you exert in an LTR?

At 51:25-54:00 something really profound is said about this...

Quote:Quote:

Donovan Sharpe:

I'm going to take this on a micro and macro level...

If your woman is out of pocket, that is on you. Your woman, her behaviour and her representation of you is a reflection of you. So if you see a man with a slovenly unfit woman who was poorly behaved and rude etc. then that reflects poorly on the man, wheter you like it, or know it or not.

I agree with not putting all the responsibility on the man but in your world, on a micro level, you have to take responsibility for your woman.

A lot of guys make this mistake when they start dating women. It's when they angle for the relationship first. They say "hey, we've been fucking for 6 months and I'd like to take this to the next level now". The girl will of course say "ok" but here is where they go wrong. When they angle for the relationship first and THEN they try to make all the rules.

But as soon as you ask your woman to be your girlfriend, you lose all the power. Just like when you put a ring on her finger. This is because when you ask her to be your girlfriend, you are directly and indirectly telling her that she has successfully filled out all the qualifications and that she is now worthy of your commitment, my affection and my resources etc.

Guys will go, "hey, be my girlfriend and by the way, don't text your ex anymore, you need to close your tinder account". A lot of guys try to set these ground rules but they don't do it in the beginning just because they're getting pussy. This is what men need to understand; she is going after your last name, your commitment and affection and what we have to offer to women is worth far more than what they have to offer to us.

Yes, femininity is great and it has restorative properties and there's nothing like coming home to a beautiful woman who worships and cooks for you and lets you fuck her every night. But what we have to understand is that we bring so much more to a woman's life than she could potentially bring into ours. That's the way the dynamic has to be, so when a man angles for the relationship first, he is an essence saying to her that what she brings to the table is more valuable than what you bring to the table and that's when they end up getting out of pocket, disrespectful etc.

Men allow this to happen. On a macro level, women couldn't do anything without men.

This is fucking HUGE, I think. I can just go to myself. My current "main" treats me like a king today, for real. After the huge failure I felt with my last relationship, with a bitch, I had this thought that I would never get into a relationship again and probably just live like a player for the rest of my life.

Since this girl I'm seeing now is the one fighting to turn this into a real relationship, I notice I have a lot of power and can put her in the direction I want.

I've been able to create this bubble with her (actually she often mentions this, how she feels like we have our own bubble) where most people in the world are average and pretty much losers. Asked her last night if she had been to the gym yet, just like I expected her to go in a sort of way. And she went there of course cause she has adapted a bit of my mindset about setting higher standards.

Side note is that I also got her to quit smoking within a month and a half because I told her that I don't see myself being a LTR with someone who smokes. She has smoked for years so apparently her parents are curious to meet me now.

Quote: (11-15-2018 10:57 PM)Graft Wrote:  

The best way to handle the phone/texting/social media with other boys is to:
1. Accept that almost every hot girl is going to have social media and a cell phone. Guys are going to try and text her and DM her all the time.
2. Set up your life and social media so that you are always talking to other hot girls. Once she knows you have that many easy options, she will be the one checking your phone, wanting your passwords.

I used to be a much more controlling type. I still am controlling, but I like to exert the control by flexing my SMV and amount of options at my fingertips, constantly giving dread game.

A very important criteria for a mother of my children is wheter she's a complete sheep/NPC or if she actually has the ability to think for herself.
I think it's dumb to accept a girlfriend to be like that just because most people are brainless and waste their lives on social media nowadays. Those are of the sort of girls you pump and dump.

Screw that, there are still some girls out there who are not narcissistic and dull. The current one I'm seeing said it was important for her to find a guy who was not into social media too. You attract what you project in a way and will have a harder time actually finding a real good woman if you yourself are demonstrating sheep behaviour.

Why would I be on there just to try to show other people I'm high SMV like everyone else and waste my time on that bullshit? No way.

It's important to have integrity and belief in your own values and standards and not changing them just for some pussy.

Messages In This Thread