rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Marriage

Marriage

Quote: (11-14-2018 01:03 PM)Laner Wrote:  

I agree fully that extended family and a multi generational living is ideal for raising kids. In North America, outside of ethnic areas, its not normal. Its too bad, but its how it is.

I know guys that speak Filipino from being raised by a Filipino nanny from birth. I remember one guy talking about his mom getting jealous of the nanny because he was so attached to her, that she fired the nanny and hired a new one. She kept doing this for years and it FUCKED him up big time. Instead of spending more time with her son, she just made it harder for him to love anyone. Domestic help is great to take the chore of raising kids off yourself, but its a short sighted way of raising kids.

I think we on this forum know this better than anyone on how important it is to have a loving bond with both our mothers and our fathers. Lots of guys find the forum because they have no idea what its like to have good parental relationships, and most the girls we plow through each year also have shitty parental relationships.

I encountered a similar situation but the story is from Africa. I went to school with two White Zimbabweans. Both grew up there and had parents who would frequently leave them in the care of their Black Zimbabwean nanny from the Shona ethnic group, Robert Mugabe's people. The guys (siblings) would spend months in a native Shona village with the end result with them completely Africanised (fluent Shona speakers) and a detached relationship with their biological parents. They were happiest when they were back in the Zimbabwean village with their mates, not with us.

Messages In This Thread