rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Marriage

Marriage

Agree 100% that marriage is for children, otherwise why bother. I never understood it.

My father & mother were mid/late 30s when he had me, I was the 5th child. He had energy for the time that counted, which was when I was coming up and moving out.

Those of us who are a little older, really do not have much of a choice. No man is going to let their ambitions for a family be stopped by their age. The main factor is the woman, as Leonard mentions above 'modern woman'. Woman has to stay at home, equation changes.

At the end of the day the major impact of a father is who he is, his involvement, more so than his age. An older father may have time to spend with kids, while a younger father is still trying to climb the corporate ladder. Anyway, to say a father is 'unnaturally old' is denying biology, there is no 'age' for a father. It is only what we are accustomed to, and we are not in the 1950s anymore - unfortunately.

I am sure its hard. But just like the women, some complain more than others about how hard it is. Some people manage to have a nice time of this thing called life. I have brothers who have kids and they have never told me "oh its so hard you won't be able to handle it", and they each have 4. Ultimately, I will be better off marrying a younger woman who stays at home now than a same age slut career woman in my 20s.

In fairness I would have preferred marrying younger, but depending on where you live, its not a sure bet, if you want a quality woman

“Where the danger is, so grows the saving element.” ~ German poet Hoelderlin

Messages In This Thread