rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Floyd Mayweather: Boxer to fight kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in Japan

Floyd Mayweather: Boxer to fight kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in Japan

Quote: (11-08-2018 11:28 AM)Trumpian Wrote:  

I didn't miss your point it just had nothing to do with Kai's statement. Checking leg kicks is one of the simplest moves in Muay Thai, and definitely does not take years to learn. The follow up to a leg check, guarding sweeps, etc is another thing entirely.

If you don't take leg kicks without shinguards in sparring, they'll cripple you in actual fight. They have limited utility for learning to develop power. But the heavy bag works just as well for that.

You're making the mistake all beginners or armchair trainers make, which is that defending a technique from another beginner or when you know it's coming is easy, sure.

Lifting you leg in the air....yup, easy. In isolation.

That check is a little harder when your opponent can fake and delay and generally make it bloody hard to time right.

Which you would know and appreciate if you knew what you were talking about; the amount of decent-back-home westerners I have seen here have their legs smashed to pieces before being clinched into oblivion by Thais is more than I can count. I bet they all thought they knew how to check a leg kick too.

One of my own guys had this happen to him a few years back.

Messages In This Thread