rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bali November-January

Bali November-January

I have honestly never in my life had food at a street vendor that was better than in a good restaurant. I do try on occasion, at markets, some of the street food, but it's just not the same as in a really good restaurant. Granted, there are some overpriced restaurants, fair point, where food is not great, but I generally look for recommended places and am rarely disappointed. Moreover, in Indonesia and Thailand you generally are charged fairly at restaurants.

But yes, I can imagine the street food in Bali is consistently better than in Thailand, I tried it in Thailand and was not impressed. I generally mean food carts by street food.

Agreed on Michelin places and nouvelle cuisine, elementary cuisine and all that, I much prefer reasonably priced restaurants, even when in London. But in Indonesia and Thailand you don't really get these Michelin places that are overpriced. The restaurants I went to in Bali were uniformly excellent and cheap.

Bumbu Bali and Ketupat spring to mind. I actually had the best beef sate in my life in Ketupat, it was superb. And cheap.

Messages In This Thread