rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bali November-January

Bali November-January

Quote: (11-03-2018 08:55 AM)hightea Wrote:  

Quote: (11-03-2018 08:48 AM)JimBobsCooters Wrote:  

Don't know about Canggu but it's fine in Kuta/Seminyak/Gili at that time of year. Generally it will pour for a few hours a day and then be fine for the rest of it from my experience.

It's a pretty good time to go as well, a lot of the Scandinavian/EE types will go there at that time to escape their oppressive winters back home and there aren't as many Australians because it's Summer for them and no real reason to travel there other than to save money going out (so still plenty...).

It's monsoonal type rains so they generally are pretty consistent in their timing each day so just make sure you're either already wet (pool/beach) or indoors at that point of the day.

Bali is one of those places that even the low season is still plenty busy and can actually be refreshing to be slightly less busy.

Only other thing to watch is for schoolies week in late November, will get thousands of Aussie jailbait and their male friends rocking in for a couple of weeks and taking over every main club in Kuta. They're rarely adventurous enough to get out to other areas than Kuta/Seminyak but they're everywhere and they'll be rotten drunk the entire time. The lads will mostly fight among themselves but you do need to be careful and the girls will mostly be 17 so if that's below legal age in your home country/state then you'll also need to be extra careful as last thing you want is a stat rape charge. On a positive, ton of 18 year old girls that have just finished school looking to let loose as well but mostly this is an avoid scenario imo.

Thanks for the reply bro I appreciate it.

Would you say Bali is your favorite place in Asia just for kicking it? Or have you experienced better?

Nah, Bali would be nearer to the bottom of the pile for me. Too many Australians (as an Australian...), too touristy and the beaches aren't nearly as nice as most of the other countries in the region. Gili T is nice for chilling for a week or two though. It's a fun place and outside of the main tourist areas is much better but still not my favourite spot. Bali and some of the other islands are one of the best areas for surfing though if that's what you're interested in.

For beaches and just chilling away I'd much prefer Thailand or Cambodia (Koh Rongs). Vietnam I also prefer but the visa can be a pain depending where you're from.

Thailand really wins in that region for mine for chilling but probably depends what kind of chilling as well. Cambodia overall was a great visit though, Siam Reap is good for a few days of adventure and sightseeing and then the islands are just phenomenal beaches and chilling.

Not to knock Bali, if you haven't been it's still a great experience and as I said, places out of the main strip offer all kinds of different experiences. It's still great fun basically. Golf is expensive on Bali if that's something you'd get involved in as well compared to other countries in the region.

Messages In This Thread