rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ways to get a better income?

Ways to get a better income?

OP I'm in a similar situation to you.

What degree did you graduate with?

I have a useless bachelor's in psychology.

Been doing random low-paying office jobs through the temp agency for the past year or so. $15 an hour.

I studied psychology because I was really interested in it, and I love reading and writing.

It sucks that I'm not good at math or science because STEM degrees are pretty much the only degrees worth getting nowadays.

Also, being someone who enjoys working with his mind, rather than his hands, means trades are out of the question.

So I researched long and hard on ways that I could make money writing, and I discovered copywriting.

But man, is it harder than I thought.

You have to choose a niche, flesh out a solid portfolio, and learn to market yourself.

Although I recently completed a prestigious copywriting course which forced me to compete exercises and write sales letters, my portfolio still needs work. Plus, I'll probably have to cold call or send out lead-generating emails to get my first client and build off of that.

I'm so scared of failing, because I don't want to be stuck with low-paying jobs for the rest of my life.

At 23-years old, I already feel like I'm running out of time.

Messages In This Thread