rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is your/friend's experience with arranged marriage?

What is your/friend's experience with arranged marriage?

A good story and a bad story.

Good (sort of):

I know an Indian guy who is secretly gay (and is likely to remain so his entire life). He was put in to an arranged marriage with a girl from his parent's area in India. He loves it. His wife is, to put it lightly, frigid. I don't think they have ever held hands. Forget about sex. But, it actually seems to work for them. His family has gotten off of his back, and he has received some benefits, family business-wise. Also, it has been enough years that instead of bothering him about kids, his family is starting to think the wife is barren. So, he gets a sort of "knowing" compassionate pass from everyone - "Poor guy. His wife can't have kids."

Bad:

I think I've shared this before. But, I know a guy who was a devout Muslim. Like, a seriously devout lifelong Muslim - no drinking, no sex, nothing haram. He was brought in to an arranged marriage with a "devout Muslim virgin". He found out, a few years in, that he had actually married a massive slut. This girl was like the lead in Dah Does Dubai. But, as there were family/business concerns involved in the marriage, he can't get out of it. He fell away from Islam, and is now devolving in to being an alcoholic loser. The situation is bullshit for him, but I understand protecting his family business interests. But, the family really dropped the ball on picking the wife. They. Really. Dropped. The. Ball.

Currently out of office.

Messages In This Thread