rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mexico City - the Paris of the Americas or a chaotic clusterfuck?

Mexico City - the Paris of the Americas or a chaotic clusterfuck?

I spent 4 months in CDMX this year and while I agree on a lot of what you wrote (specially about the serious lack of attractive women) I really don't agree that its a chaotic clusterfuck, not by a mile.

Have you been to any other developing countries in the world? cdmx is like one of the few cities in Latin America with a functional public transportation system,even bike sharing programs and electrical scooters, etc. Things generally "just work" which is not something you can always say in the developing world.
Its easy to stay away from the areas that are truly busy, like the old center which is only for tourist shit anyway.

IMO overall a relatively well ran but yes a mega city, with a shit ton of people. (21 million in the metro area)

Also regarding money - I think the value is great. $800-1000 for a 1 bedroom in condesa/roma is somewhat pricey yes, but can you really find much cheaper than that in any major city of the world? Where?
(Btw if you are staying long term vs airbnb, cost goes down dramatically. My friend is paying $500 for a 1BR on avenida amsterdam)
And you can fill your stomach for $2 with incredible street food, $3 sitdown lunches at the comida corrida joints, wash it down with some $1-2 beers and mezcales if you know where to go. Even "nice" restaurants wont cost more than $10-15 a person.

I will definitely go back to Mexico City, even if having a steady supply of hot girls is harder than in other places. There's a lot of good things going on for this city and country. The culture is unique and rich, food is fucking incredible, people are fun and easy going. Just gotta look a bit harder for the hot girls but they exist.

Messages In This Thread