rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Smoking - want to quit but it's helped game so many times

Smoking - want to quit but it's helped game so many times

Quote: (10-17-2018 06:07 PM)NoMoreTO Wrote:  

"Advantages":
There are some small advantages to smoking, being able to acknowledge them in my mind and then to point to the better reasons why works better for me. Generally smokers who quit end up hating smoking more than non smokers, but to me this is just intellectual honesty:
- date on my balcony: lighting up with a girl that can create a bond, when you have a girl who smokes, she likes to loosen up and have a smoke with a man, there is a sexual tension or something that happens.
- outside a bar / street game: yes you can open girls with a light or a smoke very easily. I've had attractive women come to me because they wanted a smoke, cheaper than a drink.

All of these "Advantages" are the hamster at work. There are no advantages, unless dieing of cancer at age 59 is considered an advantage.
[/quote]

If I get laid because I can open a girl with a smoke, or if having a smoke with a girl on the balcony helps make the night go smooth it is providing a benefit. If I can have a one on one convo with a buddy about a business item outside a party over a smoke, it provides a benefit.

Your answer to everything is "Hamster at work, I get it, my brother is/was a heavy smoker and he thinks like this. To be honest it is just your method of quitting to train your mind that every single part of it is negative.
> Reality is people start to smoke for reasons other than addiction, and it takes a little bit of time to get hooked, so they are doing it for a reason.

For me, I prefer to be honest with myself and say, yes I like a couple things about smoking, but on balance I want to live longer and healthier

“Where the danger is, so grows the saving element.” ~ German poet Hoelderlin

Messages In This Thread