rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Smoking - want to quit but it's helped game so many times

Smoking - want to quit but it's helped game so many times

Quote: (10-17-2018 11:15 AM)Winston Wolfe Wrote:  

Quote: (10-17-2018 10:21 AM)PakMan Wrote:  

Truth is, like most smokers who have smoked for a decade or more, I love smoking. I don't want to quit completely, I just want to quit the habit of smoking close to a pack a day. Ideally, I would like to be at a point where I can comfortably have a cigarette some nights when I go out then not need one every hour after that. It's the habit and addiction I'd like to overcome.

This is smoker hamstering in its purest form.

The only, I repeat, the only reason you are smoking cigarettes is because you are addicted to nicotine. It starts there, it ends there, there is no middle ground. That, and only that, is the sole and only reason you are smoking them. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying or hamstering, and if you tell yourself otherwise, you are lying or hamstering.

Again: there is no middle ground. No buts and ifs.....

Agree and Disagree. I had this argument with my brother recently who is a long term smoker.

"Advantages":
There are some small advantages to smoking, being able to acknowledge them in my mind and then to point to the better reasons why works better for me. Generally smokers who quit end up hating smoking more than non smokers, but to me this is just intellectual honesty:
- date on my balcony: lighting up with a girl that can create a bond, when you have a girl who smokes, she likes to loosen up and have a smoke with a man, there is a sexual tension or something that happens.
- outside work : again people who smoke can be in a special club (of outcasts granted) but there is a level of bonding
- outside a bar / street game: yes you can open girls with a light or a smoke very easily. I've had attractive women come to me because they wanted a smoke, cheaper than a drink.
- fuck you attitude: probably the hardest part of quitting smoking is the fuck you attitude about life. Yes, its rebellious in its way, and by definition you are not thinking about your future. But that's the beauty of a fuck you attitude. But really you're fucking yourself

Disadvantages
On the whole, smoking hurts game.
- You lose any girls who don't smoke or you end up craving when you should be going for the bang
- Agree with Scotian non smokers are healthy and often the hottest (especially in Long Term)
- Your face wrinkles, teeth stain
- You lose cardio ability instantly , including during sex. I was smoking 5 cigs a night through the weeknights and it killed my B Ball Cardio
- Nicotine just weakens your muscles - just my theory, not actually sure how
- You're addicted, somehow that isn't cool and people know that

I believe smoking is both a social habit, personal habit, and a chemical addiction. I have quit a few times and have quit now for 8 days. As a light smoker, the most important thing is not drinking too much (or at all) in the initial 2 -4 weeks and changing up my routine a little to avoid patterns.

Also - agree with above, there is no middle ground. Especially for a heavy smoker. I played with the middle ground for 8 years and eventually I became a light smoker. (1/2 pack when drinking, 2 -5 cigs at night when not)

You can never date a smoker or run this game again

Lastly, once you have quit for a year, on the whole you will see the risk of smoking that cig is not worth it.

* I tried with some relative success in my office job to reduce by chewing Nicorette during the day, then I would puff a few cigs at night or cut them out Monday to Friday. This might be a good start if you actually want to cut down, but ultimately you get pulled back in and are still a hamster on the nicotine wheel chewing your gum wanting a smoke

“Where the danger is, so grows the saving element.” ~ German poet Hoelderlin

Messages In This Thread