rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Smoking - want to quit but it's helped game so many times

Smoking - want to quit but it's helped game so many times

Quote: (10-17-2018 10:21 AM)PakMan Wrote:  

Truth is, like most smokers who have smoked for a decade or more, I love smoking. I don't want to quit completely, I just want to quit the habit of smoking close to a pack a day. Ideally, I would like to be at a point where I can comfortably have a cigarette some nights when I go out then not need one every hour after that. It's the habit and addiction I'd like to overcome.

This is smoker hamstering in its purest form.

The only, I repeat, the only reason you are smoking cigarettes is because you are addicted to nicotine. It starts there, it ends there, there is no middle ground. That, and only that, is the sole and only reason you are smoking them. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying or hamstering, and if you tell yourself otherwise, you are lying or hamstering.

Again: there is no middle ground. No buts and ifs. You need to kick this shit for good and deep down you know it. What's holding you back is your fear of a life without ever being "allowed" your cigarette anymore.

There is not a single person on this earth who has enjoyed the taste of the first cigarette they ever smoked. Can you remember your first cigarette? You probably hated the taste and coughed your fucking lungs out.

And you know why your body reacts that way initially? Because you are literally inhaling poison. It is a warning sign you are willingly ignoring.

Cigarettes are the perfect product, because they create their own demand. Do you really think you are making a rational choice to smoke them? Bullshit. Every cigarette you smoke creates your demand for the next one.

Also, fuck relying on cigarettes to run game. Yes they provide great openers, but you know what? If you go into the smokers room and open that same girl with "hey" instead of "hey do you have a light", she is going to react to your game exactly the same way. Fuck openers, just open your mouth.

If I sound harsh, so be it. All I'm doing is saying how it is. Literally every single explanation I've heard for smoking cigarettes is the hamster at work.

Now for some practical advice, I'll keep it simple:

To get rid of them once and for all, read The Easy Way To Stop Smoking by Allen Carr.

You can thank me later. It took me 12 years of smoking 30 cigarettes a day to come to these realizations. I sincerely hope I can help you do the same.

I have recently celebrated 1 year of being smoke-free and I am 100% certain I will never ever light one up again. I feel better than ever now. When I think back to my smoking days, I am absolutely baffled that I did it for so long.

Oh and I used to say the exact same stuff you posted in this thread. It's nothing new.

Messages In This Thread