rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The truth about the Philippines

The truth about the Philippines

Quote: (10-24-2018 07:15 PM)Shimmy Wrote:  

When there is a language barrier and cultural barrier between you and girls it works for some guys and against others. For example if you're extremely smooth and can make girls laugh, while it might earn you bonus points in the US a filipina may not understand WTF you're saying. At the same time if a guy is super autistic in the US it will turn a girl off while a filipina may not even notice because of the language/cultural barrier.

Agreed. I'm definitely not the smoothest guy in a western club setting because I'm more of an introvert personality that relies on 1-on-1 interaction. Usually why I don't vibe with high energy girls and go towards more shier personalities. I'm usually the guy that will come in hot with dry humor jokes that may be unexpected to keep the frame. Filipinas don't understand all of these or Asian chicks in general, but for them the game is more about not being weak than being just entertaining. So with them, I find if I keep the frame and hit on even half the jokes, I'm golden. For frame all you really have to do in the beginning at least is hold firm a couple of times on certain requests (not just money, maybe as simple as location for meeting or eating).

Quote: (10-24-2018 10:12 PM)Ouroboros Wrote:  

It's not just genuinely autistic guys that have issues getting laid in the West; simply being reserved and introverted is enough to make girls assume you're socially retarded. You really need to be extraverted and outgoing, with a penchant for clown game.

For example, I do fine on tinder dates because the dynamics of a one-on-one conversation are completely different from a group situation, and much more amenable to introverts. But I absolutely fail at night game or social circle game.

Girls from South-East Asia, in my experience, are WAY more forgiving of introversion than Western girls.

Yea, I've always maintained Asia is for the guys that are more introverted but at the same time not weak and may have other priorities in life. Particularly NEA but this can even be applied to SEA. The west is more friendly towards the frat-boy personality. Not that those guys don't succeed in Asia, I've seen plenty that do, it's just that it's not nearly as needed around there. Those guys tend to find the girls in Asia mostly boring too. High energy with high energy with more commonality to keep a conversation going I suppose.

Back to the point, I'll second that Asian girls are more forgiving of introversion. Some guys here probably know why better than me, but I think it's a combination of being in conservative societies at least with face, they're more practical with stability, and there may just be a cultural/language barrier to maximize clown game in Asian countries, particularly because public physical escalation is not encouraged unlike LA.

Quote: (10-25-2018 12:49 AM)zamfir112 Wrote:  

true in the west there is this pressure to always be talkative and social with girls.in the east its more about maintaining frame and working hard.
i think i speak for most people when i say some days i just wanna be silent and not do any BS phone calls and talking just for the sake of talking because western girls want to be "entertained" by me. i think the western mindset is very beta. us guys are not supposed to be talking and entertaining them.we are supposes to providers and independent. their girl buddies can do the mingling

sometimes it feels like western player guys are a little bit of clowns . entertaining and amusing the girl to get her into bed is not a ideal frame you wanna have as a alpha. a alpha should get more value than give away.

Yea I think conversation gaps are much more tolerated in Asia because it's more important for girls to have someone with strong frame that is stable financially, even in the first world Asian countries. I find it very relaxing personally because I'm not as high energy as some western guys and I'm more introverted. I'm that guy that likes being around people for a certain period but needs my time for peace and quiet or for work. Asia is much more ideal for this type.

You're onto something about a possible western beta mindset. I come from an Italian background and there, once the couples are married, in family events the guys go with guys and the girls go with girls. We segregate the genders mostly at parties and the Italians maintain frame despite usually having high maintenance women. It may take less social energy, but it's possible Asia may be more traditionally alpha with how family dynamics are arranged. It may just be a respect factor on face level for the main provider.

Quote: (10-25-2018 11:59 AM)aeroektar Wrote:  

Quote: (10-25-2018 05:18 AM)OnlySightseeing Wrote:  

Quote: (10-25-2018 12:17 AM)Dirtyblueshirt Wrote:  

If you're not in the top 20% (high earner or fraternity type), more than likely you will be left out in the cold. Throw in any additional negative (balding, have a stutter, height under 5'7") and it's really an uphill battle. Some of these guys find their way to Asia. I say good for them.

This was a common stereotype, and it was certainly true, but I'm just not seeing that many below average younger white guys in the Philippines anymore. I'm assuming they're all getting blown out and leave immediately?

Don't you live out in the boondocks? I'd say the overwhelming majority of young foreigners I've seen in Manila and Cebu are heavily flawed, very awkward and couldn't get a tinder match or a hint of interest in an American city. Young foreigners are definitely a minority, the majority are old out of shape retiree's.

There's a lot more variety with younger foreigners. They're definitely the minority based on my time there, but I see a little of everything. There's some guys that surprisingly don't get laid there, others are visiting with good redpill knowledge that have their shit together, and then you have the backpackers that could probably clean up with more knowledge on the dynamics but tend to stick with the western girls and either go to hostels in the city or the nature spots in the country. I find most younger guys are the latter.

As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a player.

2018 New Orleans Datasheet
New Jersey State Datasheet

Messages In This Thread