rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Finnish army forces soldiers to eat vegetarian meals

Finnish army forces soldiers to eat vegetarian meals

Quote: (10-08-2018 07:23 PM)Teutatis Wrote:  

Quote: (10-08-2018 06:51 PM)EvanWilson Wrote:  

How are they going to get enough calories per day eating vegetables?

I seem to recall reading that the US Army estimated in theater (Pacific WWII) a soldier needed about 4,000 calories per day. It would be just about impossible to get that kind of intake from just vegetables.

Beans, rice, oatmeal, lentils, avocados, pineapple, coconut, bananas, bread and so on. Not that you should but it's actually very very easy to get all the calories you need from non animal sources. This is obviously an ideological move but as long as they're getting the required daily calories and it's only two days a week it's not going to harm them in any way.

I am not sure. As an example, I just looked up rice. One cup of white rice is about 100 calories, so to get 4,000 calories from rice would mean needing to eat 40 cups per day. I consider myself a somewhat 'big eater' at times, and I think for myself trying to have that much food would just simply not be possible. For a person that is not such a big eater, I think it would be impossible to have enough calories on low cal foods like rice.

Now, put a little meat in, like a MC Big Mac with large fries, and it would only take about four of those to get over 4,000 calories in a day. That I could do in a day as long as they were spaced out.

Messages In This Thread