rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The arrival of Yemeni refugees in South Korea sparking backlash

The arrival of Yemeni refugees in South Korea sparking backlash

^^^ This has been on my mind for quite some time too, I really want to discover both and see their style in person Going to both Japan and Korea next month. In preparation, I've started reading this book "A Geek in Japan" and quite frankly so far it as has puzzled and surprised me both in negative and positive ways as I'm halfway into it. Japan was a closed country for centuries before 1867 (no immigration or emigration allowed), so no wonder it developed such a strong national unity and culture. Very patriarchal as well, but then you have the ridiculous suicide rates and they suicide for some reasons that to us it sounds batshit insane, and the extremely slow and bureaucratic decision-making process in Japanese companies and the whole 110% dedication allegiance to their companies. Once done reading, I'll share the summary in the Book thread. I watched quite a few Japanese cartoons (Captain Tsubasa) and TV series when I was very young and same with Korea, so always had me curious, can't wait to discover in person.

One thing I've noticed while looking for hotels/airbnbs in Korea/Japan. Seen many notes that you won't be allowed to use the Onsens or Pool if you have visible tattoos (or even allowed to check in some extreme cases) which doesn't impact me, but interesting nevertheless. Also, the 4-star hotel in heart of Seoul has a disclaimer that the pool, gym facilities, and sauna are for male guests only. No females allowed

Messages In This Thread