rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lies catching up to you

Lies catching up to you

There are degrees of lies. A white lie is typically harmless, people do it all the time, even subconsciously. But a bigger lie where you put your integrity and trustworthiness on the line is a different story. You will actually harm yourself with it more than the person you are lying to. I'll try to explain this.

I have lied before to a girl I loved, about having been faithful, while in fact I had been sleeping around. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this forum.

When analyzing my own feelings and behaviour towards a lie like this, I realize I don't care much about the actual lies or the fact that it would greatly hurt a loved one if the truth came out. In fact, I usually don't even care much about the consequences to my own personal life if the truth would come out. Call me a psychopath, but that is the conclusion I reach every time I think about this.

What does bother me when I lied, though, is the realization that I, Winston Wolfe, have been a liar, a deceiver and an untrustworthy person. It's something I can't easily let go. Lying just goes against my values, and yet I still do it sometimes.

In the end, if you keep your lies to yourself, you are the only person that can possibly be hurt by them, since no one else is aware of them in the first place.

If, on the other hand, you decide to confess your lies, what you are doing is seeking forgiveness for your own actions. Therefore, confessing your lies is essentially just as selfish as keeping them to yourself.

So to answer the question, yes, lies will always catch up to you. It's up to you in what way or form that will happen.

Messages In This Thread