rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The world is changing, so should we. - Discuss new techniques and developments here

The world is changing, so should we. - Discuss new techniques and developments here

Shameless plug for my March post in the blackpill daygame thread (and indeed that thread in general) which touches on a lot of the points mentioned.

In particular skip to the second section ("2. The Promise, and: A perfect storm") where I develop the thesis that game as we've been sold it (especially PUA / cold approach game) either was always a myth or, rather than being the norm as we tend to believe, was actually an extremely fascinating but transient flash-in-the-pan.

I.e. the period of time and number of places, in which a guy could get decent results just using what was between his ears, his mouthpiece, and basic body tuning — without resorting to trappings like travel/sex tourism/geoarbitrage, digital nomadism, social media, tinder, permanent body modifications, 'social circle game', 'lifestyle/hobby game' — was far narrower than is believed, and is a lot less than its outsize influence on the broader societal culture would make it seem.

(Common story with subcultures — as with pyramid schemes, by the time you've heard about them, you've probably missed the boat. The carrying capacity of cutting-edge, influential subcultures is far smaller than latecomers think, so that the founders have already either moved on, closed themselves off, or feed off the unknowing newcomers.)

Instead what we have is a bunch of guys being lured in by that promise of just being able to use (more or less) the gift of gab to swoop mass fly girls, and then having the goalposts shifted on them further and further away from this 'pure game' towards the external trappings mentioned above, without any acknowledgement that the goalposts are being shifted or re-evaluation of whether the new goalposts make the ROI worthwhile.

On the topic of what beer mentioned earlier in this thread: I've been considering for a while now starting a blackpill game forum (on cordial terms with RVF) for young guys. Maybe even only allow open registration for under-27 guys, with guys over 27 being confirmed in on a case-by-case basis. (E.g. IIRC corsega is over 26, but keeps it real as fuck without the condescension, lame wannabe Big Baller Trolling, value-tapping, and out-of-touchness that a lot of the older guys have.)

Maybe even go more specific and make it for guys who are between 21 and 26, or who are under 21 if they are not at school/college (maybe allow community college). Finding themselves once more at the bottom of the totem pole, but of 'adult society', early-20's guys have unique challenges and circumstances they tend to face, shared by neither younger guys at school/college, nor guys 27 and above.

Call it the 'Millennial/X borderkids social media support group' and have corsega as our group counselor / drill sergeant. Confess when we step on the scales and don't meet our follower gain targets for the week, lol.

The difficulty is balancing blackpill and game.

There's no end to good material (old and new) on classical, old-school game. But its applicability nowadays in much of the Anglosphere is questionable.

On the other hand, while many of the MGTOW, Lookism guys are extremely insightful, wickedly funny, and are picking up on stuff and developing theory nobody else is talking about -- fundamentally, those forums are corrosive and poisonous.

Not sure it's possible to balance that kind of brutal black hole-level blackpill with a focus on maximising results given the hand we've been dealt -- past a certain point, truth-seeking and theory-crafting are probably incompatible with the upper levels of game.

Although given what corsega says about FB groups being the way of the future, maybe I'm already old and out-of-touch myself and need to get with the times!

See also my post in the BMGO thread on game, game denial, self-delusion, and old vs. young guys. (If you don't want to read the whole post, skip to where I say "I'd even go further and say that game itself is another of these issues laden with traps.")

Apologies for the tangent and adding further 'cynicism' to your thread, ActaNonVerba! You and some of the other posters here have made solid, positive points — thank you for creating this thread and hopefully others will continue to contribute positive angles to counterbalance the necessary 'negative' ones.

Messages In This Thread