rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The woke capitalism thread [Get woke, go broke]

The woke capitalism thread [Get woke, go broke]

Quote: (09-04-2018 07:32 AM)IveBeenFramed Wrote:  

Nike's Kaepernick Ad Has Cost The Company Over $3 Billion So Far

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-0...ion-so-far

Quote:Quote:

Since announcing their new advertising campaign will be led by Colin Kaepernick, the social media backlash has dominated the virtue-signaling efforts we presume they hoped for.

With images of Nike apparel and footwear being burned and real sacrifice being discussed, it appears investors are growing disillusioned as NFL fans as Nike shares are down 2.4% in the pre-market.

If the public backlash against other corporate brand names who have taken a vocal political stance is any indication, Nike faces considerably more pressure: companies from Dick's (which saw a sharp decline in sales after it stopped selling guns), to ESPN, to Papa John's, to Twitter and Facebook, to In-N-Out burger, have all seen an angry customer backlash - from either the left or the right - once these corporations entered the political arena, resulting in a hit to the top line, and ultimately, the shareholders' pocket.

Back to my classic Puma sneakers then if that's how Nike wants to be.

[Image: 61AcUTHwiqL._SY500_.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Messages In This Thread