rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mexico City

Mexico City

Quote: (09-11-2018 09:43 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Arafat Scarf, do you know of any barrios in CDMX that would be similar to Chapinero in Bogota? I prefer areas that aren't too high end, international, sterile, safe, etc. I like to have a more authentic and local experience, I also don't mind if it's a bit rough although I obviously don't want to stay in an area where I have to be super paranoid about my safety at all times. I'm probably going to stay in a hotel for my short trip, hoping to find something in the the $30-50 USD/night range.

Escandon, Roma Sur or Narvarte. All of them are safe and centrally located.

Roma Norte is very bougie with cold-pressed juice bars and pretentious restaurants. Colonia Juarez is slightly less gentrified, but similar. Condesa is on the higher end, but it's a beautiful neighborhood that doesn't feel sterile in the least.

Roma Sur is a nice place to live, more tranquil and close to everything. It's not sterile but, you'll run into foreigners every once in awhile.

Escandon and Narvarte are more raw and not as 'hip'. If I weren't living in Roma Sur, I would probably be in Condesa or Escandon.

I haven't been to Colombia in 4 years but none of the colonias here are quite like Chapinero.

Messages In This Thread