rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why do Women Read and Write Books About Violence Against Women?

Why do Women Read and Write Books About Violence Against Women?

A lot of the reasons listed above are valid, but they don't apply to all women.

What applies to all women is a desire for emotional spikes. It doesn't matter if its positive or negative emotions, they crave it.

Once, when I was in college, my scholarship/student aid paperwork was delayed. It meant I couldn't register for classes or buy student football tickets until the scholarship money came. I went back to my fraternity house and told one of my friends about it. I was super pissed off and really vented. I didn't even notice that he had some girl in there. She followed me back to my apartment without even asking. It actually created a bit of a riff because he had been trying for a while to bang her, I didn't know and wasn't even trying. The point was she got very turned on by the extreme emotions. Some people confuse this with being alpha - there is overlap because alphas are more free to display their emotions due to their status. But just displaying intense emotions does it for women. There was an early PUA, Ross Jefferies, who wrote "scripts" that had these emotional triggers. Jefferies tried to hypnotize women with NLP, which is not a very effective strategy, but he wrote books full of fake stories with these emotional spikes.

On a secondary note, lots of women fantasize about being dominated, raped, or in distress and rescued. So you see these themes often, even in literature.

Messages In This Thread