rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Equality strikes again - man charged with 10 felonies for not paying on dates

Equality strikes again - man charged with 10 felonies for not paying on dates

Let's start out with the fact that what he did was wrong and rather shitty behaviour. Secondly, with no direct evidence I would suggest that women as a group do this to guys on a fairly common basis: go to dinner, make an early exit and the guy gets stuck with the check. I suspect that the men don't call the police even if they specifically discussed going dutch. And it remains to be seen whether the cops would charge a woman at all, let alone with a felony.

Having said that, framing it as multiple felonies is just overcharging. Secondly, this smacks more of a civil tort rather than a criminal offence (with the exception of the charges laid by the restaurants given that there appears to be a criminal statute that covers the situation). Maybe it's the USA and maybe it's California in particular, but I've seen it happen in Canada several times where someone goes after a neighbour or whomever for something mickey-mouse and the cops won't touch it but rather tell the (alleged) victim to pursue it in civil court (generally small claims).

In this case, even if there was no legally binding agreement between the guy and the women, the law of equity would step in and make him pay for his share of the bill.

Messages In This Thread