rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Study equates transgenderism to alcoholism and other mental disorders

Study equates transgenderism to alcoholism and other mental disorders

Quote: (08-26-2018 09:02 AM)Investment Bro Wrote:  

Even crazier to think that our society considers it OK, and even goes so far as to encourage it.

Where are the parents in all of this? They either must be willfully ignorant of what's going on with their children or deliberately ignoring them. I also wonder what the correlation is between single parents homes and instances of transgenderism. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a correlation.

I wondered the same thing and I tried to find something in the study that would give objective data points in that area but came up short. Reading between the lines of data the participants parents were overwhelmingly highly educated (aka careerist) women (91.7%!), but Im not sure thats a smoking gun for a study of single moms. About half of those surveyed experienced some sort of "trauma" which included divorce prior to experiencing ROGD. Convenient how they break out many other factors such as 10 different psychological disorders but leave trauma types vague when half of the respondents had ROGD triggered (heh) by such.

Quote:Quote:

Participants

During the recruitment period, 256 parents completed online surveys that met the study criteria. The sample of parents included more women (91.7%) than men (8.3%) and participants were predominantly between the ages of 45 and 60 (66.1%) (Table 1). Most respondents were White (91.4%), non-Hispanic (99.2%), and lived in the United States (71.7%). Most respondents had a Bachelor’s degree (37.8%) or graduate degree (33.1%). The adolescents and young adults (AYAs) described by their parents were predominantly female sex at birth (82.8%) with an average current age of 16.4 years (range, 11–27 years). See Table 2.

Many (48.4%) had experienced a traumatic or stressful event prior to the onset of their gender dysphoria. Open text descriptions of trauma were categorized as “family” (including parental divorce, death of a parent, mental disorder in a sibling or parent), “sex or gender related” (such as rape, attempted rape, sexual harassment, abusive dating relationship, break-up), “social” (such as bullying, social isolation), “moving” (family relocation or change of schools); “psychiatric” (such as psychiatric hospitalization), and medical (such as serious illness or medical hospitalization).

At the time the AYA announced they were transgender-identified (“came out”), most were living at home with one or both parents (88.3%)

Messages In This Thread