rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Adrenal fatigue - how to test and solve?

Adrenal fatigue - how to test and solve?

Great advice here. I've found Dr. Berg's Youtube videos to be a tremendous source of useful information from an experienced medical practitioner (he's a chiropractor successfully treating patients for decades). Getting your sleep rhythm on point is key, and all diet and lifestyle changes relate to that.

Alcohol, illicit drugs, cigarettes, caffeine, excess sugar, deficiencies of vital minerals all contribute to overall fatigue and hormonal dysregulation. I would also add to your list of beneficial practices:

- silent sitting / meditation which is proven to reduce stress

- Dr. Berg has certain devices that activate pressure points on your abdomen and under your cranium. I've tried it, definitely helps.

- a quality massage focusing on scalp and feet. Your feet tie in to many organs in your body, even getting a foot massage for 30 min will help release built-up stress and improve circulation.

- 'earthing' / grounding your feet, hands, or body on bare ground, concrete, grass. Getting 15-20 min of direct earth contact will ensure you're getting enough free-radical fighting electrons which our body needs. If you can get into salt water that increases the available electron density even further.

- switch to moderate exercise, walk for 30 min a day, especially during the peak of the day's sun to help your circadian rhythm reset itself

- light box / sun box therapy (See Lizard of Oz's thread), definitely helps reset circadian rhythm and has a host of other benefits

- work with a naturopath (N.D.) or doctor of functional medicine to get your blood work done to understand exactly what may be out of balance and develop a diet / lifestyle plan to improve your health. Western medical doctors (M.D.s) do NOT understand nutrition! I recommend following Chris Kresser for functional medicine advice, and Dr. Peter Glidden / Dr. Joel Wallach for naturopathic advice.

Messages In This Thread