rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young.

I'll definitely take the warning about shady characters.

So I kind of took some time to reflect on this and there is a good chance, even a strong one that Rudebwoy and older users here are right. I'll even say that when it comes to life choices, a lot of you guys have far more wisdom than I do being the age I am.

It would be stupid to throw away a career that guarantees six figures in my thirties on something like a bartending gig, it really would be. That being said, I am only working 40 to 50 hrs a week and I don't give a damn how the work-life balance people spin it, it isn't a lot of time and I have the weekends to do what I want. This is why I am ideally aiming to try and get some bar work or nightlife gig on the side, that I have to make happen.

I also took time to reflect on why being a bartender or DJ, working at a nightclub and that stuff means so much to me, it all ties back to my college days of not being a part of that scene where so much hedonism happened. At times, I have a tough round at letting shit go and this is a great example of it. I really wanted to bartend in college, didn't get a chance to which is why it means so much for me to get that gig at a nightclub before I get too old for it. Every day I feel time slipping by to get these gigs which is why I am going out in a few to ask for the manager at a couple bars to see what we can make happen.

As I have mentioned many times, it isn't even the sex I am aiming for as much, it is that sort of a lifestyle and hedonistic kind of life I feel like few things in life can offer. It is being a part of that kind of a crowd and that kind of a lifestyle that is so tough to be a part of.

Its definitely an ego thing for me because there is just something, I cannot describe in words, attached to being a bartender or DJ fucking hot girls compared to being a dude with an office job spending money to fuck hot girls. I also have a huge soft spot for party girls and just the kind of lifestyle that a nightlife gig will bring me which is why I feel so strongly about it.

The only thing I fear about age is that with age, I won't get the chance to be a part of that lifestyle. You see people in their 30s really dissing partying and hedonism, my gut just tells me that is going to be unavoidable. For me, going in hard on this sort of a life and getting a taste for it means the world and it has had me on the edge of almost throwing away a six figure career before I came to my senses.

Hopefully I can make this work as a side gig.

I am thinking if I can focus on

1. My main career.

2. My side gig.

3. Staying healthy enough.

I should be good to go.

I have cut out most of my friends from my life, they seem to be going nowhere and I just feel like a lot of them are going to hold me back from my dreams of making lots of money, fucking lots of hot girls and living the life I want to live.

As for life after 30, my gut tells me it does end and the window of opportunity to go all in on hedonism and fucking randoms gets a lot tougher. You can't party hard at nightclubs without feeling weird about it, social pressure is a real thing and with the countless guys on this thread proposing monogamy, I know I better act fast, will update you guys on how it goes with the side-job hunt.

It might even be for nothing and I might have to live with the tough tough feeling that whatever I want, I missed it in college, but I rather lived knowing I tried.

Definitely going to check out that youtube podcast with Distant Light.

Messages In This Thread