Roosh V Forum
Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. (/thread-69015.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - a beer is enough - 06-30-2018

This whole idea might sound a bit crazy at first but I wanted to get the feedback of you guys on it, if this thread is that stupid, then I am good with it getting locked and even deleted.

A quote on this forum says that you lose money chasing women but not women chasing money but I also remember reading an older post on this site kind of saying the opposite. Can't find it but the gist of the post was that a more respected career that pays a lot is better for wifing up a 10 but not for sleeping with tons of different women, which also makes sense giving the alpha versus provider model.

Around my age group (twenties), what I notice is that the guys with the highest notch counts are typically working jobs like DJ, bartender or night club promoter, there are exceptions and those are extraordinarily handsome guys that use dating apps. These sorts of jobs seem to give you status and opportunities that make it a lot easier to get laid than running nightgame and daygame.

There are big downsides to picking either or in this situation, want to hear what you guys have to say.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - Batman_ - 06-30-2018

Depends what your goals are. If you have no debt and can live off some savings for a while, it may be totally worth doing. In other cases it's probably not practical. Personally I'd love to do such a thing if I could, and not just for women. "Stable nice paying careers" often make great sacrifices to your own personal life and wellbeing.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - Bastard Sword - 06-30-2018

To be completely honest, I feel like being relatively monogamous is a good bet for guys in their twenties. It just simply isn't as easy to smash random women post-college as it is before. Obviously you may have much better game now than you did when you were in college, but you're also completely responsible for you life -- everything from finances to cooking your own meals to actually working through the day. Your day is simply busier than it once was. In college, I had hours and hours of free time while being surrounded by girls 24/7 -- even though I wasn't in a frat/had no social status it was still extremely easy to meet women in class, through daygame, through activities etc.

College was a very easy place to cold approach. Post - college, cold approach becomes harder. You only have a couple nights out of the week to do it (Friday, Saturday) -- and if you end up drinking the entire following day is going to go to shit. You won't have any time to daygame unless you live in a crowded urban center -- even then it will be harder than college, and daygame is hard as shit to begin with.

Overall, there are only a couple ways I can see to live a truly promiscuous lifestyle after college:

1) Have a fantastic online dating profile/great online game
2) Have a kick-ass social circle

That's really it. Not to rain on anyone's parade but this has been accurate in my experience. This post is tangential to what you wrote, beer, but I feel like it reflects the reality of life for a lot of guys in their twenties. Is it possible to get a high notch count then? Of course. Is it time efficient? That's another question entirely.

Just my 2c.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - a beer is enough - 06-30-2018

The college hype crowd came in a bit too early on this thread didn't it.

Cold approaching is not easy or even advisable in college, especially if you want hot girls who will almost always be in sororities at most party schools. Social status plays a huge part in college, even bigger than high school I would argue, and girls will always opt to go for the athlete, rich frat bro or guys who seem to be popular. Sure she might talk to you in your class or give you her number but as soon as weekend comes, she is going to pick the more popular guys over you. That was my college experience as someone who did cold approach in college, hot girls always opted to go for guys in their social circles.

I am not saying it is completely useless, you'll occasionally smash here and there but it is low effort in college because girls feel under the microscope from their social circles, no girl wants to get the slut label.

I've actually found it a lot easier to cold approach after college because the cliquishness and tight knit social circles are less of an issue, women can slut around more easily when they don't have to be around their friends as often. If anything I found that college girls were sluttiest on trips away from their social circles where others would not find out that they slept with a random.

Sleeping around too much was not encouraged because eventually, word would get out about how you use women for sex and in the current college atmosphere, not the wisest decision.

As for time, I find that once I am done with work, I am done. No homework or exams every other week, that puts me at ease.

Now for the thread itself, of the guys I know working in these fun jobs, a couple were relatively decent status at party schools, they both say they get laid a lot more now which is what makes these jobs appealing.

Even back at my campus, all the guys who wanted to party hard and get laid after freshman year were gunning for the bartending gigs because that is where the party would end up at, it was massive status boost on campus. Now in a big city, one of the guys I know says he has more options and can sleep around with a lot more different women because that tight knit college atmosphere is gone.

While that might be the case Bastard Sword, I do get your point man.

You are literally having to throw away a high paying prestigious career now in your twenties while in college, you could have just bartended while going to class and used the free time to get laid. While I might disagree with some of what you have said, you did make good points too.

Quote: (06-30-2018 08:11 PM)Batman_ Wrote:  

Depends what your goals are. If you have no debt and can live off some savings for a while, it may be totally worth doing. In other cases it's probably not practical. Personally I'd love to do such a thing if I could, and not just for women. "Stable nice paying careers" often make great sacrifices to your own personal life and wellbeing.

That is true, especially with how HR at a lot of the big companies can be.

There are downfalls to going for a fun job too, you will have a ceiling in the corporate world when going for the prestigious companies and sought after opportunities (I-banking, Big 4 Consulting etc.). A kid who hustled hard after college and made the right moves will always have a stronger resume and you'll likely be out of the running there.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - Bastard Sword - 06-30-2018

^Cold approach in college heavily depends on where you went to school. My college was enormous, essentially a small city. I can break down what groups women there fell into:

1) Ethnic girls who were very concentrated into a certain niche (Indian dance teams, Latino/Asian Greek Life, black student associations)
2) Hotter sorority girls who exclusively went for certain frat guys.
3) Girls who were more or less purely monogamous/completely unavailable.
4) A massive pool of relatively unattached single women who didn't discriminate based on ethnicity, niche, social circle, etc. These girls would date one of my low key Latino friends one year then a random Indian guy the next. They were never part of any particular clique and didn't have strict standards for what guys they went for.

The first three groups included a lot of hot women who, yes, would have been difficult to get at through cold approach (though I did have some success with the first category). The fourth group, however, was pretty large and had a very open-ended dynamic. This was 90% of my bangs in college. If you went to a massive state school like mine, one that didn't have an overwhelming Greek Life presence, it would have been very possible to smash in this group as well. Day game/cold approach in general is a high-effort/low return venture, but in college at least you had the free time to pursue it. I'd disagree that it's a bad idea to do it in college -- had I never done it, I wouldn't have gotten laid in college at all. I'm not one for cliques and I'm terrible at building social status, it's just not something I'm good at. I hate pop culture, don't want to talk about sports, don't vibe with fratty people. I honestly have no clue how to build popularity. There are many people out there like me, and for them cold approaching in college is a good thing to do.

After college, sure you may not have any homework to do at night, but you still have to get up by 7 AM. Good luck getting fucked up and chasing women on a Tuesday night when you have a full day of work ahead of you. Point is it's just difficult to live a super promiscuous lifestyle after college because you simply have less free time on your hands.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - a beer is enough - 07-01-2018

I feel like I have a lot more free time after college than I did in college. As I said, I have work but after I am done, I am done. In college it was class for 2 to 3 hours, something due, always something coming up and just that uneasiness of not having any of my own time because there was always an exam, stuff due.

As for cold approaching, if you did it enough in college, you got a reputation real easily. Might be different if you went to school in a big city but if it was a college town, you were SOL.

At my alma mater, the quality between sorority girls and girls not in a sorority was like night and day. You occasionally saw a cute girl that wasn't affiliated but that was rare.

My point with this thread being......

A lot of these bartending nightlife jobs in big cities at the right places can net you a lot of opportunities after college but you have to risk more too.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - Pointer - 07-01-2018

A lot of corporate jobs in IT or finance allow you to work from home nowadays. The trend is definitely going in that direction.
So you can do both but it depends a lot on where you live. If you live in the suburbs of a major US city then you'll be wasting a lot of time commuting and doing basic things like groceries. Working conditions can be crappy, with long hours and laughable number of vacation days.
In Europe it's much more relaxed. The cities are generally smaller and many people live next to the office. Whoever said you go out only Fridays and Saturdays is talking non-sense. I used to go out from Tuesday to Friday while working a full-time corporate job, it's doable as long as you don't go overboard with the alcohol and you don't stay until 5am every night. Of course my commute was only a 15 min walk and I did my shopping during lunch break at the mall next to the office. That saved me a lot of time and I had no issue taking a nap before hitting the bars.
Nowadays it's even better with things like flex work and ordering everything online.
I think you need to do some research on 1. which companies would you like to work for and 2. where are they located.
Getting a crappy bar-tending job to meet girls sounds like a summer job to me not something you can do for years.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - Cipher - 07-02-2018

If financial freedom at a reasonable age is important to you and you have a promising career, I strongly advise against doing this unless you've really thought it through. You should be grinding in your 20s - when you have more energy than you'll probably have again for the rest of your life - so 'work hard, play hard' would probably be a better way to go than 'work a little, play a lot.' Most of those guys working full time as a promoter or bartender after college are really gonna pay for it later (from a money standpoint).

If you do decide to take some time off from the race to work a fun but dead-end job, at least make sure that you're spending some of your free time building up a side business or source of sustainable income. Remember - the earlier you get money and opportunities in the door, the more compounding works in your favor.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - 456 - 07-02-2018

When you consider compounding interest/investments working for you from an earlier age, making AND KEEPING/INVESTING more in your 20's will make your 30's and 40's leagues nicer than other folks who only start really saving at a later age.

I think living close to work in your 20's can help you get a little bit of the best of both worlds.

Aim for your own business or more career autonomy (and schedule autonomy) a little later in life when you can appreciate it.

Plus side, many of those hotter soro girls will be in their "finding a cool older guy" mode right about the time you're a few levels up the org from them (generally speaking)... speaking again from a big city perspective. And I'm talking bangs, not just relationships... (i.e. not waiting to become a beta buck).

There's a nice tradeoff -- it doesn't have to be one way or the other if you set your mind to it.

Also allow for your "quality over quantity" transition to take place.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - Seth_Rose - 07-02-2018

Here's a thread that is similar to what you're searching for:

thread-48939-page-4.html

As for my opinion, I think this is silly. Being a bartender, DJ etc. Okay, that'll be fun for a bit, but then what?

I hate to sound like some boomer cuck, but you need to think about your future young man. This isn't to say I recommend doing the traditional route of getting a steady job, then a mortgage, funding your 401k etc. Not that these things are bad, but hey, if you're on the Roosh V Forum then this path is not for you. Also, these jobs may be fun for a bit but you'll probably wear out from the late nights, excessive drinking, and shitty people you'll be hanging around.

Here's what I'd recommend instead:

Start by getting a job/career that provides a full-time income. Can be a corporate gig or whatever, just something to pay the bills. Then, on the weekends, become a DJ, bartender etc. While top DJ's spin 5+ nights a week, I don't think that is necessary for someone is doing it as a hobby. Same for bartending. You should be able to pick up a few shifts during the week (preferably weekends). Now you have two sources of income, plus you can have fun with your side gig.

Again, I think you'll burn out in a few years of that type of work. When you do, you can start putting your energy into creating assets and passive income streams through things like real estate an online businesses. Once you do, eventually you'll obtain financial freedom and can do whatever the fuck you want.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - rudebwoy - 07-02-2018

When you are young you never think pass the next day.

As you get older you think more about the future.

If you have a nice paying career job, then consider yourself lucky. The unemployment rate among college kids where I live is terrible.

So my advice to you, is to ride that pony and save as much money as possible. If the company pays you a decent pension that max that shit out, you will be thankful in 15 or 20 years.

DJ, Bartender and restaurant jobs are for losers. I don't care how much pussy they get or don't get.

Better to do the time now and then live the dream when you are in your late 30s and early 40s.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - jselysianeagle - 07-02-2018

Quote: (06-30-2018 08:00 PM)a beer is enough Wrote:  

This whole idea might sound a bit crazy at first but I wanted to get the feedback of you guys on it, if this thread is that stupid, then I am good with it getting locked and even deleted.

A quote on this forum says that you lose money chasing women but not women chasing money but I also remember reading an older post on this site kind of saying the opposite. Can't find it but the gist of the post was that a more respected career that pays a lot is better for wifing up a 10 but not for sleeping with tons of different women, which also makes sense giving the alpha versus provider model.

Around my age group (twenties), what I notice is that the guys with the highest notch counts are typically working jobs like DJ, bartender or night club promoter, there are exceptions and those are extraordinarily handsome guys that use dating apps. These sorts of jobs seem to give you status and opportunities that make it a lot easier to get laid than running nightgame and daygame.

There are big downsides to picking either or in this situation, want to hear what you guys have to say.

You didn't define what precisely you meant by "nice paying career". Depending on a) your exposure to different industries and knowledge of actual payscales, b) where you're at in your career and c) what industry, comp and your perception of what makes for generous compensation will vary widely.

In the US, if you're at or around the $60k/yr mark or so, and quite young, (<24 I'd say) then taking a more fun job for a pay cut doesn't have that much of a financial opportunity cost, if you only do it for a couple of years at the most and have some plan for how you intend to get back into your career or switch to something more stable and financially rewarding. OTOH if you are already making significantly more than that, say $120k/yr or more, then I think it would be hard to argue for walking away from all of that just for pussy. The bangs might come a bit slower in a more boring job, sure, but long term you'll be better off. Sounds insane, I know, but there's more to life than pussy.

Another angle to consider is grad school. If you haven't gone yet and are pretty sure that you will someday go, then take a year or two before grad school to do some fun gigs, before using grad school as an opportunity to re-enter the "real" world. This is of course assuming you have the funds (parents/saved up $$$ etc) for grad school since that shit is expensive as fuck in the US for any halfway decent institution.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - jselysianeagle - 07-02-2018

Quote: (06-30-2018 08:18 PM)Bastard Sword Wrote:  

Overall, there are only a couple ways I can see to live a truly promiscuous lifestyle after college:

That's really it. Not to rain on anyone's parade but this has been accurate in my experience. This post is tangential to what you wrote, beer, but I feel like it reflects the reality of life for a lot of guys in their twenties.

Just my 2c.

It's largely true even past your 20s, for most guys. I've known a few guys that came into their own in their late 20s and then started to clean up via night game, but they're few and far between. Another way to circumvent these constraints is to go off to some third world place in LatAm/SEA and use your status as a Westerner to line up women. (Or spam approach hundreds of women every week like some guys I know).

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - Dodgy - 07-03-2018

Quote: (06-30-2018 08:00 PM)a beer is enough Wrote:  

First as an older guy I can tell you that high notch counts are not the "end all be all" of game. I know you're young and want to fuck as many girls as possible, but I can tell you it's not what you should be chasing, and I'm sure older guys would agree.

The problem with your plan is that it doesn't seem that you have any bartending, Dj'ing or club promoter experience. I'm sure you know you can't just become a DJ overnight and club promoters have to start with the worst clubs promoting the worst nights. Also, all bartending jobs are not equal. If you can get a bartending job at Mr. Purple or at Pianos in the LES, then I say go for it. But if you can't get a job at a hot bar or club and are forced to bartend at Applebees then it's not worth it.

And I was in your situation when I got out of college. I turned down going to grad school or working as a professional in order to work in the Entertainment Industry in LA. I wanted to do something cool and fun, and it was ok for a couple of years. But then you get into your late 20s and realize your life isn't going anywhere. The cool job you had doesn't make you hireable and you have no business or professional skills to speak of. And then you see your college friends start earning over six figures or getting married or having kids, while you're stuck in your cool job living paycheck to paycheck. And then you realize you're turning into a loser, with no future prospects to think of.

What sucks is that I wasted over 3 years of my life fucking around and it set me back both professionally and financially. And it took me about three years of going into quasi-monk mode and working my ass off to get it back on track. So to save yourself from having to start your life over at 27, take the advice of the posters here and focus on your finances and professional career.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - jordypip23 - 07-03-2018

I have to expand my thoughts on this later, but as a guy that's in his 30's at this point I will say this much. Never revolve all of your activities around getting laid. In the long run your personal economics are still far more important than whatever tail you are trying to catch that week or that month.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - ShuaiGe - 07-03-2018

Quote: (06-30-2018 08:18 PM)Bastard Sword Wrote:  

To be completely honest, I feel like being relatively monogamous is a good bet for guys in their twenties. It just simply isn't as easy to smash random women post-college as it is before. Obviously you may have much better game now than you did when you were in college, but you're also completely responsible for you life -- everything from finances to cooking your own meals to actually working through the day. Your day is simply busier than it once was. In college, I had hours and hours of free time while being surrounded by girls 24/7 -- even though I wasn't in a frat/had no social status it was still extremely easy to meet women in class, through daygame, through activities etc.

College was a very easy place to cold approach. Post - college, cold approach becomes harder. You only have a couple nights out of the week to do it (Friday, Saturday) -- and if you end up drinking the entire following day is going to go to shit. You won't have any time to daygame unless you live in a crowded urban center -- even then it will be harder than college, and daygame is hard as shit to begin with.

That's really it. Not to rain on anyone's parade but this has been accurate in my experience. This post is tangential to what you wrote, beer, but I feel like it reflects the reality of life for a lot of guys in their twenties. Is it possible to get a high notch count then? Of course. Is it time efficient? That's another question entirely.

Just my 2c.

Pessimistic outlook

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - Bastard Sword - 07-03-2018

^I'm just being realistic. Maybe things would be different if I lived in a downtown area in NYC, Austin, Chicago, etc...but even if I did, I'd simply have much less time to go out and day/night game than I did in college. One of the most successful guys in the Player's Log (kaotic) mostly subsists off of online, which I think says a lot.

I'm sure there are a couple people who kill it from daygame and night game post-college -- I'm also sure that there are many people out there who dominate the night scene through social circle. The thing is, those are high-effort, low-return ventures --they're doable for the average guy but so difficult that few will actually make it. Again, I'm not saying this to be discouraging, and it absolutely is possible to get some success here and there. Just saying that sticking with one quality girl (if your monogamy-inclined like me) or relying on online/social circle for a steady stream is more time efficient.

On the subject of working in bar, you're essentially trading good money (which you can invest/compound over time -- by the time you're forty your 40k invested could have quadrupled) for pussy. You have to think about relative gain here. If you stick with your "boring" job and rely on online/social circle/limited cold approach, you may bang a new girl every two months or so -- you may go through dry spells and some frustration, but by and large you'll be all right. You'll be relatively satisfied and have a ton of money saved up by your thirties. If you go for this bartending gig, I guess it's possible that you may bang a new girl every two to three weeks -- so you'll be crushing it game wise. But you also may have to deal with tons of shitty, superficial, uncivilized people (the night club scene is a filthy shit show) on a daily basis, work awful hours, and not get paid much. Yeah it's a "cool" job and it probably will help you get laid, but is it really worth having hundreds of thousands of dollars less in your later life? Which one will you be more grateful for then, the money, or the memories of some girls you smashed while black out drunk?

Personally, I would have traded 95% of the girls I got with in college to get a more lucrative degree -- had I majored in Comp Sci I'd be incredibly wealthy. I know guys who are working high-paid Comp Sci jobs while living with their parents, these guys are literally saving upwards of ninety thousand dollars a year for entry-level work. Instead of learning how to code, getting internships, and setting myself up well for success, I spent most of my time day gaming and fucking around. I'm not doing badly in life per se, but not nearly as well as I could be. Casual sex is a fun entertainment at best and an insecurity that needs to be scratched at worst. Get laid enough to make yourself happy but don't ever screw your financial future for it.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - a beer is enough - 07-03-2018

Thread is kind of all over the place right now so I can't address all of this in one reply. Want to take the next few replies to address a few separate points.

First lets address this whole wanting to fuck a lot of girls versus not wanting to do so.

For me personally, that is priority number 1 when it comes to game until I get tired of it. It is a tricky tricky conversation to have too because guys who might have done that through cool jobs will discourage other guys from doing it, almost the equivalent of post-wall women not wanting men coming into their prime to have their fun. It is non-negotiable for me, quantity and notch count above all else. If turning 30 means it becomes shameful even in a community like this I think I need to get it over with fast then because it doesn't seem like life after 30 is as rosy as some may have said, at least not in regards to sex.

Now this takes me to something else that might have been implied on this thread, unless I read the posts wrong, is it true that it becomes that much more difficult to make quantity happen once you are past the age of 30 without having to spend a lot of money on them?

For a while I did get the impression that women are more forgiving of a lack of wealth when you are in your 20s so are they expecting steak dinners when you turn 30?

I mean if this is the case, then I might really have to think this through myself. Its no wonder so many guys go into these fun jobs and pass up a more lucrative offer if that means you have to spend more on them. IMO, the guy who doesn't have to spend a cent to get her to split those legs is a winner as opposed to the guy who has to spend money on the date for a maybe.

Really trying to drill down and get to the bottom of this whole game getting easier after the age of 30 gig because from the sounds of it, seems like you either have to settle into LTRs or spend a boatload of money on her due to your age.

Quote: (07-02-2018 11:05 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Better to do the time now and then live the dream when you are in your late 30s and early 40s.

From the sounds of this thread, if that dream involves fucking a lot of hot girls, it ain't happening in your late 30s and early 40s.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - a beer is enough - 07-03-2018

For the second point, what Seth_Rose mentioned but Dodgy debated.

That is ideally what I want to be doing but it does seem damn near impossible. I mean sure, an Applebees will hire you but it does seem borderline impossible to get a shot at the hottest bars, at least when I was in NYC. Every popular kid fresh out of college and aspiring wanna-be model was chasing those jobs down hardcore which made it tough for the average dude to even get a chance.

If it comes to it, I am personally willing to pay my dues at a place that is popular and then work my way up to bartender if that is even possible. It seems like most dudes or people are chasing this shit full-time and there seems to be a ton of hostility towards someone in my shoes wanting to do their work.

I'll definitely keep looking once I work my way back to NYC, might even drop a datasheet on it for some of you on this forum but until then, if anyone has advice on how to make this happen instead of the toxic complaining about how life sucks after college, I am all ears.

Then to my final point about life sucking after college and that crowd penetrating into this thread, not to stir the pot here but....

This shit is just getting toxic, I have to point it out and it is not in anyway productive.

I am not going spend this thread debating how much easier life was in college but I do not think telling guys in their twenties to be "monogamous" is relevant or even good advice for this thread itself.

Game has and always will be, for at least 95% of men in any age group, a high-effort low pay off situation. I noticed this in college and even in high school if you wanted the hottest girls.

As for the nightlife scene being uncivilized, were you guys sipping wine in college?

Superficial and shallow? Not sure what college you went to but at mines, if you weren't on a sports team or in a given fraternity, it worked against you. Not saying it couldn't be done but it didn't do you any favors to be a "GDI".

I am not here to whine about how rough life is after college or become monogamous due to crying uncle, I am here to discuss possibilities and find solutions. Anyone who is willing to contribute to that the way guys like Seth_Rose has, I am all ears.

It is just frustrating me that guys who fucked around in college and are now struggling are telling everyone how it is doomsday and implying life ends after college. Not a discussion I am willing to have in this thread as it adds no value to it, make another thread and we'll have it there.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - rudebwoy - 07-03-2018

Quote: (07-03-2018 06:32 PM)a beer is enough Wrote:  

Thread is kind of all over the place right now so I can't address all of this in one reply. Want to take the next few replies to address a few separate points.

First lets address this whole wanting to fuck a lot of girls versus not wanting to do so.

For me personally, that is priority number 1 when it comes to game until I get tired of it. It is a tricky tricky conversation to have too because guys who might have done that through cool jobs will discourage other guys from doing it, almost the equivalent of post-wall women not wanting men coming into their prime to have their fun. It is non-negotiable for me, quantity and notch count above all else. If turning 30 means it becomes shameful even in a community like this I think I need to get it over with fast then because it doesn't seem like life after 30 is as rosy as some may have said, at least not in regards to sex.

Now this takes me to something else that might have been implied on this thread, unless I read the posts wrong, is it true that it becomes that much more difficult to make quantity happen once you are past the age of 30 without having to spend a lot of money on them?

For a while I did get the impression that women are more forgiving of a lack of wealth when you are in your 20s so are they expecting steak dinners when you turn 30?

I mean if this is the case, then I might really have to think this through myself. Its no wonder so many guys go into these fun jobs and pass up a more lucrative offer if that means you have to spend more on them. IMO, the guy who doesn't have to spend a cent to get her to split those legs is a winner as opposed to the guy who has to spend money on the date for a maybe.

Really trying to drill down and get to the bottom of this whole game getting easier after the age of 30 gig because from the sounds of it, seems like you either have to settle into LTRs or spend a boatload of money on her due to your age.

Quote: (07-02-2018 11:05 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

From the sounds of this thread, if that dream involves fucking a lot of hot girls, it ain't happening in your late 30s and early 40s.

What is a good paying career? The question has been asked and you didn't reply.

Men get better with age and reach their peak in the mid 30s.

You can fuck a lot of hot girls in that age group, the best players I know are in their 40s.

If you eat right and take care of yourself, you can fuck hot bitches until you retire.

Don't throw your career away for those jobs, take a gap year and go travel. Better quality overseas.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - Cipher - 07-03-2018

Quote: (07-03-2018 06:32 PM)a beer is enough Wrote:  

I mean if this is the case, then I might really have to think this through myself.

About money spent...think about it like this - add up the difference in your income for every year that you choose to work at a 'fun' job instead of a 'serious' one. Then estimate the monetary cost of moving up the income/career ladder later (lost investment compounding, missed professional opps, value of skill development, etc.) and add that in too. That's the cost of your decision.

Now estimate how many girls you're gonna bang (for nerds: the incremental number) during your 'fun' job adventure. Now divide those costs by the number of girls. That's how much every girl cost you. How many steak dinners is that?

You should do what will make you happy, but just make sure you think the right way about it.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - jselysianeagle - 07-04-2018

beer - just a few weeks ago in the "Indian guy travel thread" you went out of your way to give everyone the impression that your dating life was satisfactory, even above average. Yet here you are, seriously contemplating giving up a "nice paying career" just so you can get a shitty job that will help you collect notches. Seriously, it doesn't add up.

Anyway, if your goal is to get laid as much as possible, it's worthwhile to ask, "How can I accomplish this while not harming my long term career prospects?". A number of options come to mind:

1) Do what so many do in the travel forum - TRAVEL. Take a few trips a year, go to LatAm/SEA/Baltics/etc. A good looking Western dude should have no trouble racking up notches in these places.

2) Go location independent. We live in a bit of a golden era in that it's quite possible to get a decent paying job or start a fully online business that allows you to live in many different places. Look into this option if getting laid is "priority number 1 when it comes to game until [you] get tired of it".

You can also take a gap year if you know that upon your return you have a solid plan to get back into a good job, go to grad school, etc. I've known some guys that took a gap year, bounced around the globe and in a single year collected around 50+ notches. By the time you get to your early 30s, you can easily touch this mark, or even much more, at the measly rate of 7-10 notches/year. That's a respectable number to look back on.

TL;DR There are ways to get laid with quality chics that don't involve becoming a bartender/DJ. Also consider the health aspects - these types of jobs will involve working nights consistently, drinking quite a bit, possibly doing drugs etc. I guarantee you in a few years you will have aged much more than your counterparts not in these lines of work.

Throwing away nice paying career in exchange for fun job when young. - a beer is enough - 07-04-2018

Since we are referring other threads now, on that race thread I said I hit a peak right after college when I was in NYC where due to being around the right people and right crowds, I ended up getting laid more than I ever have in my entire life. The notch count I gave was below average for this forum when I was asked about it though. In fact, things have gone downhill for me since then even though the dating apps are friendly.

What I was saying on that thread is actually similar to this thread and there is that carry over too, it is the complaining aspect of it. Like in that thread, countless guys were crying about how unfair game is because of race and how American women who are hot are so racist. I was trying to make the case that it isn't really true but obviously I was wrong for pointing out the victim mentality of guys crying that life is so unfair because they are not white.

Now look, that same complaining mentality that solves nothing comes to this thread. I have a pet peeve for that sort of stuff, if it isn't answering the question or solving the issue, why are we even talking about it?

I don't care how awesome college was or was supposed to be but storming into this thread saying all men should be monogamous in their twenties and practically give up after college, that isn't solving anything. Then we get endless worshiping of the college experience while complaining of life after college, it doesn't solve shit and just creates a depressed atmosphere on the thread and forum.

Whether it is crying about race or crying about a phase of life that has passed, it really doesn't solve a thing so why not talk solutions?