rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dealing with thoughts of not being someone wealty, famous, or remembered by anyone?

Dealing with thoughts of not being someone wealty, famous, or remembered by anyone?

I’m gonna go right ahead and address the problem at its roots because all this talk about fame and money are just smoke and mirrors (though awesome responses from people). The real issue here is that OP is not happy with his life and feel inferior, insignificant. Like if you die tomorrow it wouldn’t matter. Everyone of us here has dealt with existential crisis before.

You want the tough love solution? Get your ass out of this sick Western world and spend a few months living in the mountain/countryside in some 3rd world countries. You will lose your first world problem immediately when you have none of this bullshit the media bombard you daily with, and see how people struggle daily to survive. These are the people who break their back everyday working manual labor just to feed their children.

But they are happy. Happier than you and me ever could be. Because they don’t have time to think about this ego do-I-matter bullshit. They know that they don’t matter shit in the grand scheme of things but if they stop working moving bricks under the scorching sun eir children will starve. They are happier eating rice and dried fish than you or me eating top grade salmon.

But these words will be wasted on you just like it was wasted on me a decade ago, because at the current state all you can think about is you and your fragile ego. You can’t think about the greater picture.

So here’s some actionable advice that worked for me:

-Go to the gym. If you dream about becoming a pro athlete, well take the first step. If you are already a gym goer train harder. Very rare to see a troubled mind in a healthy body.

-Eat better. This goes with the above. Sugar makes you both depressed and addictive. Don’t be a fat chick.

-Dress better. Head to the lifestyle subforum. If you want to feel important then at least treat your appearance with due respect. Hard to feel inferior while walking in a pimp ass burgundy suit.

-Find and make friends. Find people who have the same interests as you, take an interest in them. When you care about people it takes your thoughts away from your self-induced misery and brighten your soul. A fragile mind is one who wallows in apathy and self-indulgence.

Ask the people in your sport team about themselves. Let them talk about themselves. Don’t judge them, just make a mental note about whether or not you can have a beer with this person. Invite them to a beer. Host a barbecue. Make friends who you can talk to and who wants to talk to you so you don’t give 2 fucks about history remembering you because you know there are people right here now who appreciate your company.

-Dem hoes ain’t loyal. Enjoy the girls if you are young but don’t take them seriously.

-Don’t take yourself seriously.

-Read Epicurus

If you are happy, either you don't give a fuck about fame/money/bitches, or you become famous and rich. I have mentors and friends who are rich, famous and successful and who are miserable. That cliché movie scene where you say "all these riches don't matter if I have no one to share it with" is actually true for most people.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Messages In This Thread