rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Language barrier is affecting closing

Language barrier is affecting closing

Simplistic but sensible answer: do what you can with what you know while working on language skills

I know it sucks to have a limited pool of options because of language but it is what it is. I live it every day too. Just remind yourself that the limited options there are still better than the ones back home (on the average).

Also, I'd avoid getting too deep in the conversational weeds. Keep it light and throw in a few words/sentences here and there. The bar will be raised very quickly if you even signal that you have a good command of the language.

Lastly, humor is more about culture than the language itself. Typically you have 2 options: play it safe/childish (slapstick, funny faces etc) or stay more edgy if that's your thing (sarcasm, adult topics...). The former has wider appeal but the latter hooks deeper, especially with girls who think they're unique (don't they all?). This one depends on your personality so I'd say whatever you do, don't put on an act.

Godspeed sir!

Messages In This Thread