rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Working for a female boss.

Working for a female boss.

Quote: (01-08-2016 12:09 AM)John Michael Kane Wrote:  

Probably the worst thing about working for a woman in a large corporation (less so in smaller ones) is that they just LOVE to follow every arcane rule and policy, especially if it makes things more complicated or inefficient. If you break said rule, they will probably tattle. Corpro type chicks really embrace totalitarianism. Men are far more willing to bend the rules when they find them to be stupid or inefficient. They're also less likely to rat on you for doing so.

Yes, yes, and YES. My last full-time corporate job was two years ago when I had one of the worst female bosses imaginable. Over 40, bitter, fat, ugly, incompetent, micromanaging, man-hating, cunty, part of an "equal opportunity" (minority) affirmative action hire....I could go on. She couldn't understand how to do her job to save her life, so she overcompensated for it by being a rules-Nazi and picking at every administrative aspect of the HR Handbook to act like she was adding any sort of managerial value when all of us knew she was a complete and total worthless fraud.

I remember during my last month with the company we had an incident where she sent me a series of e-mails (which are a female manager specialty, rather than direct in-person communication) admonishing me for coming in 20 minutes “late” one morning even though she had given me prior approval for it as well as leaving “early” on two different Fridays (in one instance where I was given prior approval from her, the other was because it was for a Happy Hour sponsored by the CFO). My female coworkers would come in late regularly as well, but she didn't care about that of course. She decided to take "corrective action" on me for this which required me to report directly to her in-person each morning when I arrived at work, when I went to lunch, when I returned from lunch, and when I left for the day. If she wasn't at her desk, I had to e-mail her when I was doing all of these things. It was bullshit, completely unprecedented and unprofessional for a salaried employee, but instead of losing my shit I decided to give her a dose of her own medicine.

I followed her requirements to the letter of the law, so much so that I e-mailed or notified her every single time I went to the men's room to take a shit or went to the floor above us to pick up a document or (professionally) consult with a coworker two desks over, etc. Every time I went to the kitchen to grab some water I'd e-mail or notify her when I left and then two minutes later when I returned. I'd get phone calls from outside vendors and shoot her emails informing her when they'd call and when I was off the phone. It got so bad that I was e-mailing or visiting her every 20 minutes to let her know what I was up to. She was seething when she figured out what I was doing and tried to get even with me by tallying up the minutes I was on my short breaks so she could take it out of my vacation time, but then I pointed out to her that the HR Handbook only allowed vacation and sick days to be taken off in half or full-day increments and the time off must be taken in consecutive hours, so she was shit out of luck. All about following the rules, right?

I'd had a few awful female bosses before that last job, which (among other things) helped push me to both start my own side business and continue to fully swallow the red pill. In that respect, I suppose I should be grateful for them. At the time of the above my side business had grown large enough that I was just about ready and able to leave that last shitty job, so the timing worked out. I left shortly after all of that bullshit, and I heard from a former coworker that they struggled mightily after I left because that former manager of mine was too incompetent to pick up the slack and was let go only a couple of months after I left.

Nowadays I work for myself, and when I take on freelance gigs I'm very discriminatory about who I'll be working with or for. If it's some female who I get a cunty or bossy vibe from, I'll simply pass on the assignment, because I can. Of all the advice I can offer to young men on taking employment, not working directly beneath a female is number 1 by about a million light years.

Messages In This Thread