rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Early days of a Start up founder

Early days of a Start up founder

A few thoughts:

As an entrepreneur your ability to communicate clearly and engagingly is probably 80% of the battle to getting noticed and gathering interest. Not just 'yeah I'll add you to my social media' but actual engaged paying customers.

Watch Gary V videos. And apply it.

Watch Simon Sinek's "how great leaders inspire action" and think about WHY someone should spend time or money on your idea(s)/product(s).

Buy and DO the workbook 'Is Your Genius at Work?' Seriously I don't care what else you're reading, do this now.

Walk at least 30 min a day - leave your phone OFF. Put yourself in a position to talk with real live humans. Do it on the walk, or at the market, etc.

Engage with people and be curious about them first. Don't tell them about your business idea. They WILL ask if you're honestly curious about them. This gives your a chance to practice your elevator talk in a casual way, so if/when you talk with someone who might be an investor or know one, it'll be fun and easy.

After you've discovered your genius, via the book I mentioned, do the Self-Authoring / Future authoring program by Jordan Peterson. Oh, good info on that forum thread.

Sweat at least every couple days. Not just weights or cardio but some kind of functional / fun activity. Good for networking and continuing to engage with people in a natural setting.

Buy the Wim Hof course. Watch the Joe Rogan podcasts with him.

I would find a meditation practice of some kind that works for you. You'll need it to stay calm and focused through very challenging situations not just in business.

I largely bootstrapped my business and did not want funding other than from willing family members and customers who believed in my visions to support me.

You need to appreciate how critical it is to earn people's trust, and then if someone goes wrong to make it right best you can. Business is a way to learn about your character. Because it's YOU that's on display, not your products. Build your brand, but not as a schtick - because you're honest about where you are in life, what you want to create, and (MOST importantly) WHY anyone should give a shit about your app or your product.

And for fucks sake, use proper English!

Good luck.

Messages In This Thread