rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

4th SEA Stop: Riding Out Ramadan, Opinions?
th SEA Stop: Riding Out Ramadan, Opinions?
Quote: (01-20-2018 02:05 PM)Travel Museums Wrote:  

I think you should be more concerned about the weather. Ramadan is what, May/June?

The rainy season for SEA is May/June to Oct/Nov. Its really to hit to be out riding a motorbike around past April. It’s too smoky from slash and burn past March (in provinces).

Japan’s rainy season is later like June/July. Less pronounced but still humid and hot through September.

May/June might be a nice time for somewhere like Seoul or Beijing. Not too hot yet. Not too cold.

The only Muslim issue would be Jakarta or other parts of Indonesia except Bali. I guess KL too but it seems more cosmopolitan with all the chinese influence. Never been though.

A lot of guys don’t really sightsee or so much stuff outside. But weather makes a huge difference if you’re trying to hit 3-5 points of interest everyday. Or you can’t get a motorbike down a rural road because it turns to a river of mud.

People like to say oh but it in Cambodia it only rains two hours from 5:30-7:30pm. And not everyday. Yeah but if there’s been any rain in the last week good luck riding a motorbike anywhere except maybe the main streets of PP.

PP is worth about a week in my opinion. You should also consider going to some nicer destinations. That is make some loops within a country. Like PP to Sihanouk to Kampot and back. Much better than just being in PP.

Weather has been on my radar for a long time, even before I actually booked a ticket yesterday and got the airbnb's for the first three spots (Phils, Viet, Thai). That was specifically the reason I didn't do Jak and KL earlier on to just avoid the Ramadan issue altogether. From what I've read, and I could be wrong, not all of SEA follows the same weather pattern. KL and Jak actually have lesser amounts of rain than usual when the first three are raining hardest.

Yeah I just did the good old tinder location test and put in the PP. Didn't look too promising. I am not one to really care about "hippy backpacker chick" or "SJW" types as is rampant here, but even I was like, nope, forget that. I'm sure the reality on the ground is different and the entire capitol city isn't just smelly Western bitches, but I'll have to go with your weather and one week is enough analysis.

My top two choices were PP and Shanghai, not because I'm crazy about those two cities, but just because they made the most sense for my purposes. I'm about to do a little more research on the forum about Shanghai followed by Taipei/Tokyo. Pretty much cost effectiveness will determine which of those I chose.

Like if I can find a decent airbnb in or around the areas I want to be in one of those cities, I'll just go there. Worst case scenario I'll spend like 20 minutes a day from now until I make it to, say, Tokyo, in 3.5 months studying some Japanese. I know that won't get me very far, but at least when I stand in front of a girl in a cold approach and point to my mouth and say "sushi" repeatedly I'll be able to follow up with whether I need a restaurant or only the kind of sushi a woman can truly provide (oregato).

Quote: (01-20-2018 04:17 PM)worldtraveler3 Wrote:  

Delete

I'm hoping this delete, which I'm guessing occured while I took a nap, wasn't something earth shattering that would have changed my life in addition to my trip. I guess I may never know.

Quote: (01-20-2018 04:21 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

Ramadan is great. Girls cant go out and are horny. They are more likely to come straight to your hotel because the are horny and bored.

Not sure if you're clowning me or being serious. I guess the argument in favor of you being serious is that KL or Jak are not Iran, and the concept of asking a girl straight to your hotel in Iran is not only laughable because even prostitutes you would pay will hassle you, but it's also downright illegal.

I guess you're serious that nothing is going on during Ramadan so they are willing to straight up hit the spot. But in Kuala Lumpur, for example, I have specific reasons as to why I want to avoid Ramadan on top of what I originally said. I sort of want to go into Iranian girl hunting mode there on top of my main purpose of the different ethnic groups that make up Malaysia regularly. It's a major hub of Iranian students both from what I've heard from relatives in Iran and what guys on the forum have said and also what I'm sure a google search will confirm.

I know a lot of the Iranian girls in Malaysia want to party and all that shit and aren't hijabi conservatives, but Ramadan will be just an added issue of not being able to take them anywhere. It's been rare where I've been a place outside of LA or Iran where there are tons of Iranian girls. Iran mixing alcohol and game, while very possible, is entirely different because it's illegal. LA the Persian girls are either from there or generally have been there for a little while, so alcohol isn't the primary mover of me getting them, it is that when they respond it is at least in part wanting to be with a Persian guy.

So basically KL after Ramadan would put me in a better position, and like I said I don't want the Persian girl thing to cloud my main reason for hitting that city. The main reason is definitely Malay and ethnic Chinese and all those type chicks.

I was even considering, of all these destinations, doing both Ramadan AND the next month in KL because I don't encounter as many Malaysian chicks abroad and the Iranian girl thing. The cost of the place and other forum members reporting how it can get boring are what is holding me back.

I'm about to sit and do that research and then decide what to do. Will post soon enough.

Messages In This Thread