rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New Coinbase/GDAX coins

New Coinbase/GDAX coins

Quote: (12-13-2017 07:05 PM)Neo Wrote:  

There's a thread in the REQ Reddit sub where someone wants to make a petition to have Coinbase add them next year.

I think it's premature until they have a working product, however what's the criteria for getting coins listed on different exchanges? Would petitions actually work?

Obviously I and others have a vested interest, but if there's something I can do to support the project and get them listed I'd push for it.

As much as I'd like REQ to be listed on Coinbase, a petition wont do it. REQ is already on Binance which is basically the best exchange your coin can probably get listed on (even if volume is better on Bittrex and Finex) other than Coinbase.

I wouldn't worry too much about doing petitions for REQ on Coinbase, you should read the framework for listing coins on Coinbase that I.J posted above. If you are familiar with the REQ whitepaper you will probably notice that it meets almost all the criteria with a couple of exceptions, and in fact makes highlights of a lot of those fields either in the whitepaper or in their blog posts.

This is no coincidence as REQ is backed by Y-combinator, who also back Coinbase, it is very likely the REQ team got access to this framework a long time ago and has had time to prepare material around their criteria. The only thing REALLY holding them back from the listing is the test-net/main-net requirement, but their test-net is released this month and the main-net is released Q1 2018. After that happens it basically meets the whole criteria listing in that framework.

The timings also seem to come oddly close together, with Coinbase saying they aimed for Q4 2017 / Q1 2018 (unlikely now they will list this month due to all the extra work load they have and how close we are to the end of year) for the addition of new coins.

Personally I think it's a very likely addition, they are in the top 100, they have the connections, they meet the framework requirements and their test and main net releases seem to have similar timing to when coinbase said they would try to list new coins.

Just my 2 cents.

Messages In This Thread