rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sick of Asia - Need Advice!

Sick of Asia - Need Advice!

This may seem like an absurd suggestion but how about Australia and New Zealand?

I split my time between Asia and Australasia and it works out well for me. I also find three months of Asia is enough.

Here is the kicker. I spend less in Australia than anywhere in Asia. I stay in hostels in Aus which works out a little cheaper than hotels in Asia. I cook in Aus and NZ, which is way cheaper for me as I will eat a lot of western food in Asia, which is not cheap.

I then go hiking and camping for weeks on end which can cut expenses to barely anything. I could not do that in Asia. Obviously not everyone would do this.

Don't let the costly reputation of seemingly expensive places put you off. My tall latte costs less here in Melbourne than in Saigon!

Get out of English teaching. So many things you can do online to earn a good crust. Once you have nailed an online income you are free to go anywhere.

I disagree with the South American suggestion. I found Peru more expensive than Spain, that was for similar quality of hotels and restaurants. Peru is the 2nd cheapest SA country too!

Good luck and ditch the Tefl!

Messages In This Thread