rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Two quick and easy summer style tips

Two quick and easy summer style tips

Summer is all about looking good, feeling good and showing your hard earned gains at the gym.

There's two quick adjustments, if we can call it that, that I've been implementing on my summer wardrobe for a couple of years now with great results.

I understand both of these are not for everyone - they're mostly geared towards urban guys who already have a grip on their style game and want to experiment with kicking it up a notch.

#1: The short sleeve roll up

Rolling short sleeves on both button down or tees is a great way to:

- Give your shirt more of a fitted look
- Improve the inverted triangle ratio of the torso
- Show your arms and vascularity
- Get your arms to breathe better
- Look more casual without giving up on style points
- Add a little spice to a regular old shirt

These are good examples of the short sleeve button up roll:

[Image: ryan-gosling-airport1.jpg]

[Image: shortsleeve224.gif]

[Image: a7e8837ae3f548012c6773268c668bb5.jpg]

[Image: b8e2e70b5f2eecb8f0681f90001b5022.jpg]

[Image: E7988_WU1672_m.jpg]

As a sidenote, I couldn't find good comparisons of what rolled vs. unrolled looked like side by side, so thought I'd give you my own and how I accessorize each using just a couple of pieces.

[Image: image.jpg]
Old faded pocket tee with a simple silver chain. I'd wear this to go to the farmer's market or run some sidewalk game. Pair it with sunglasses, raw denim (as pictured) and white sneakers.

Same as above, although it's a notch above in terms of presentation. Brazil has a very casual culture, so this is a good transitional combination for late afternoon/early evening events - key point being the presence of both light (shirt fit and fabric, white stripes, light necklace) and dark/heavier elements (shirt's blue hue, black watch, grey chino).

I've worn this to late afternoon dates (like going to an ice cream shop) and to barbecues with friends.

This outfit does well when going out at night - darker look, bolder and darker accessories. It's the same watch as above, plus a cheapo ASOS ring.

Who should avoid the roll up:

- 40+ guys, unless fit and younger looking
- Guys with ~18% body fat and beyond

Other considerations:
- The roll can be used for both day and night

- Be aware of your proportions and the proportions of your clothes. If you are a huge, muscular guy, don't go too strong on the roll - 1 or 2 rolls at most. If you're wearing a very wide neck t-shirt, keep it down as well. Contrasting (as in wide/fitted, dark/light) is excellent to a degree. After that, it can look comical.

- Don't "over-roll". The roll should go up to the end of your side delt. This is what over-rolling looks like - DON'T do it:

[Image: asos-black-tshirt-with-rolling-stones-print-and-.jpg]

[Image: asos--t-shirt-with-boat-neck-and-rolled-sleeve-p.jpg]

- Only pair the roll up with shirt/tees that have a looser torso. You don't want to look like your shirt was vacuum sealed to your body on both the sleeves and the torso area

- Personally, I just roll my sleeves and they mostly stay there. If they go down a couple of times while I'm out, I'll just fix it in a couple of seconds. If your rolls are always unravelling or you want a stronger hold, you can use a safety pin to lock it in place:

Messages In This Thread