rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Confederate monuments removed from New Orleans in dead of night

Confederate monuments removed from New Orleans in dead of night

Quote: (05-28-2017 10:34 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

There are people out there who have watched their property values drop to shit as blacks moved into the area. There are people who have watched their districts and cities become mismanaged cesspits under black democratic regimes. There are people who have suffered violence and robbery at the hands of blacks and possibly lost loved ones to murder at the hands of blacks. The people who have lived in fear of racially motivated violence for decades are not black. This is the reality of a disproportionately large number of non-blacks. They are not carrying the grievances of people 100 years dead. They are carry the grievances of the living. And through it all most of them have said "I'm not going to let this change me and become a hateful person".

I think this is more of a socioeconomic type of situation. I have watched my old neighborhood change and the bad elements where always of a lower economic class.

I have seen this behavior in both white and black people.

While some of the best neighbors were more middle class in comparison. Again, both black and white.

I'd say people in different economic classes tend to be more alike with race having little to do with it. Again, this is based on my own observations. I have spent time in one neighborhood over roughly 40 years and have seen how it has changed over that 40 years.

Quote:Quote:

Then they turn on the television and see a bunch of black grievance-mongers tut-tutting whites over their inanimate, racist statues that hurt black feelings when blacks walk or drive past them each day. A day later they find out that the statues were sent to a scrap yard rather than a museum as promised. A day later they read "DIE WHITES DIE" on what remains of the monument. And yet nobody of import seems to give a shit about that.

I still think this is a minority of loud people wanting whitey to die. I have a very mixed neighborhood and you wouldn't know any of this if you didn't turn on the television.

I do agree that the whole "you're racist if you don't agree" is outplayed and losing it's bite. This type of rhetoric actually pushes people away if you're really trying to get people to understand your position. It puts people into a defensive posture so to speak.

Messages In This Thread