rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Confederate monuments removed from New Orleans in dead of night

Confederate monuments removed from New Orleans in dead of night

Quote: (04-25-2017 01:08 PM)Sumanguru Wrote:  

Quote: (04-25-2017 12:45 PM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

I bet you'd have no problem keeping this monument honoring the memory of a black man who served in the confederacy too or would you tear it down too?

I would tear it down.

I don't care if I happened to be the same race as him, he fought for a nation *hostile to America*. I have no interest in him, or any member of the Confederacy, having a monument on American soil any more than I would want the Japanese to have a WWII monument on American soil. Fuck that.

The Confederacy were Americans, not Japanese or Germans or Muslims. And they were only hostile to the Union due to economic sanctions the North was piling on including limiting slavery.

The victors of 150 years ago didn't have a problem with Confederate monuments because their leaders were considered honorable and worthy foes. I don't have a problem with it either because it's war long ended and these men are a part of our history, whether you like it or not.

Messages In This Thread