rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Most popular Youtuber in world from Sweden, PewDewPie, is being red pilled

Most popular Youtuber in world from Sweden, PewDewPie, is being red pilled

Quote: (01-20-2017 08:02 AM)Andy_B Wrote:  

Quote: (01-19-2017 07:46 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Quote: (01-19-2017 07:00 AM)griffinmill Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

Yet he makes more money in a day than you make in a year.

If hes retarded, you`re a corpse.

That's like saying PSY is a great singer because Op An Gangnam Style has a billion views on YouTube.

Psy brought together several musical elements that made him a ton of money and notable worldwide. He put Kpop on the map.

On that basis alone he is a great singer regardless of your taste in Korean music.

For the record, the Beetles' music is degenerative trash. Doesn't make them any less talented as musicians.

What have you done lately?

The 'success proves you are good at what you do' mindset is beta. If look at it closely, it implies that you can't have personal standards, because you are forced to defer to money or popular opinion on everything. It also puts you in a position of having to respect anybody who has more than you do, which is almost the definition of bootlicking authoritarianism. If you think success proves anything other than some combination of luck, marketing skill, ass-kissing or work ethic (some of these are good qualities some aren't), then you're in the embarrassing position of having to accept society's standards over your own. The only way you can adopt this mindset without being a beta, is if you're so big that you shape society's standards yourself, and even then, you're still a beta to relative to larger influencers. As a regular person you reap huge rewards in terms of integrity and self-possession by not deferring to popular opinion.

Let me put it to you this way: imagine you're working some job that you care about, but your boss is a flamboyant gay man who has a penchant for promoting good looking gay dudes. You find out this guy whose work you've always thought sucked gets promoted over you. You have concrete evidence that his work product sucks and you can explain it in irrefutable mathematical terms. You also have it on good authority that this guy has been sucking the company owner's dick, and you know he's the type of guy the boss likes to promote. Do you: A) accept that this guy is actually better than you at what you do, and that all the evidence he's incompetent means nothing; or B) determine you've been screwed out of a promotion by a bunch of cock sucking faggots?

If you say B), please point to what aspect of your philosophy permits you to say this without hypocrisy. You specifically said that musical success equals musical talent; why shouldn't the same principle apply to who gets promoted at work?

What the heck is this trite, "is it beta nonesense" wrapped up is some faux philosphical garbage bag?

Take this, know your audience. Pewdiepie clearly knows how to market to children and has made a ton of money doing that. Clearly his success is a combination of timing, luck, skill, and an assortment of other stuff.

If I met him, would I blow smoke up his rear end? No, but I wouldn't be a dick to him either because outside of his act he's probably a decent guy. Hell, you could probably talk about the media business with him and get an honest appraisal of the industry.

It sounds like the lot of you enjoy deconstructing the literary, theatrical, and societal merits of Blue's Clues, Barney, or any of the other typical children's entertainment. What stuff did you find entertaining at 10 years old? It was probably as inane and vapid as Pewdiepie. Again know your audience.

The real question that should be asked here: "Is it beta to hate on someone who is more successful than me because I view that earned success as selling out?"

Sounds like a pretty good hipster litmus test if you ask me!

Unchained has the right idea. The entertainment is low brow and dumb, but you can't hate the hustle.

Messages In This Thread