rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

On drugs and artistic inspiration

On drugs and artistic inspiration

Thanks El_Gostro, very good discussion. I know movement is *crucial* for us to be really healthy - so your inspiration via exercise makes total sense! Music is an absolute catalyst and its own psychedelic substance. The nature of the universe isn't purely scientific - I have no problem attributing inspiration to intuition and Spirit, along with exercising my mind's capability for reason and logical thought. Magic comes from the dance of reason and intuition.

In fact, your comment about being most creative with exercise reminds me of something. I'm going to PM you...

This is a really great talk by Graham Hancock (I posted it in the 'drug policy' thread as well). He has a long history with cannabis and also has done shamanic journeys with ayahuasca that helped him become free of 'needing' cannabis and also to seeing and clearing inner blocks to creativity, love, truth. I don't agree with every conclusion he arrives at but he definitely brings up excellent points for consideration. In particular, the healing power of psychedelics as explored throughout many cultures (and Egyptian in particular with their incredible art). You might want to check out some videos by John Anthony West, 'Symbolist Egypt' in particular.

Messages In This Thread