rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vancouver, Canada - Comprehensive Datasheet

Vancouver, Canada - Comprehensive Datasheet

Quote: (01-07-2017 10:18 PM)scotian Wrote:  

This was a pretty cool thread until the Quebec incel trolls showed up. OP +1 from me, I usually visit Vancouver a couple of times each year, I'm going to try to find work somewhere in BC again this spring. I find Vancouver girls to be surprisingly friendly given that its a big Canadian city, I lived in Victoria for a few months a couple of years ago and found the girls there to be uptight weirdos (hipsters, SJW, eco-freaks). Of course venue selection is important, the down to earth girls I met there were mostly at pubs around Granville and not at packed night clubs.

I don't have any approach experience in Victoria to judge, but University of Victoria apparently has an amazing ratio of women to men and has a reputation as a party school. The town empties out when school is out though and is just full of tourists sightseeing and retired people.

I'd add that Tofino on Vancouver Island is worth a visit for the surfer dudes out there. The rest of the towns are also super chill and laid back.

Yeah - venue selection, a high work rate and a bit of good luck will go a long way. You should check out the pubs around Gastown and Main Street in the Mt. Pleasant neighbourhood next time, might be pleasantly surprised [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (01-07-2017 10:52 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  

I know some guys & gals from Latin America that spent time in Van City to specifically study English. Good ppl to network with because they can show you their cities if deciding to visit them...and most of them can introduce you to hot chicks when able to make that trip!

Yup, that's definitely the plan and a really smart way to do it! Social circles are huge in South America and gives access to to girls who otherwise would have ignored you through a cold approach.

Quote: (01-08-2017 12:17 AM)Captain Gh Wrote:  

I'm not looking to be ballin... but is Vancouver doable with a $3000 monthly budget (after tax) which includes a $330 monthly car payment? Might have an opening for a move soon... and plan on visiting later this year to check it out

It really depends on how frugal you are (not eating out, not drinking too much, fancy cocktail dates, etc). It's do-able but you will need to be disciplined about spending and expenses.

A 1 bedroom bachelor pad downtown will set you back about $1600-$1700 / month. You can probably do it for $1000 with a roommate downtown, and less out in the suburbs. With a $300 car payment that leaves you $1000-$1700 for bills and play, which is enough, but don't expect to be putting anything into savings.

I've lived on a $2000 / month budget a few years back, but it was a pretty spartan lifestyle.

Datasheet: Vancouver, BC

Messages In This Thread