rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Senate passes bill that is likely to target alternative media sites

Senate passes bill that is likely to target alternative media sites

Quote: (12-09-2016 10:06 PM)Sp5 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-09-2016 02:46 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I read the full press release, and doesn't look like they will have added teeth. Instead, it seems to codify things they are already doing. For example:

Quote:Quote:

Second, the legislation seeks to leverage expertise from outside government to create more adaptive and responsive U.S. strategy options. The legislation establishes a fund to help train local journalists and provide grants and contracts to NGOs, civil society organizations, think tanks, private sector companies, media organizations, and other experts outside the U.S. government with experience in identifying and analyzing the latest trends in foreign government disinformation techniques.

I don't see where the bill gives them censorship or shut-it-down ability.

Ya, thanks for changing the original clickbait hysteria title. No censorship is or could be made out of this.

This is directed outside the USA and mentions things already in place. The US Government already manages a lot of media.

Voice of America radio and TV, Radio Liberty, Radio Free Europe, Radio Sawa, Al Hurra TV, Radio Farda, Radio Free Asia, Radio Marti, and other TV stuff.

The grant funding to NGOs and media overseas has been in place for a long time, this just gives a specific target and money from the Congress.

You don't know where exactly this applies. It just says, "Outside of the U.S. Government," which could be CNN for all we know.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Messages In This Thread