rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Another night in Washington DC (picture)

Another night in Washington DC (picture)

Quote: (04-04-2013 05:35 AM)j r Wrote:  

Quote: (04-04-2013 03:42 AM)phoenix101 Wrote:  

Quote: (04-03-2013 11:34 PM)SouthernWizard Wrote:  

The US is definitely the biggest sausagefest I've ever seen, wonder If the problem is so bad in the rest of the Anglosphere (Canada, Australia, NZ, UK and even Ireland). I would think Its a problem of the strange way cultures have evolved in the anglosphere countries, you dont see those sausages happening nearly as common, and definitely not in the dramatic way it goes in the US anywhere out of the anglo world.

First you have to have a concrete definition or representation of sausagefest that can be measured. Not just some one-off "unreproduceable" pictures that one doesn't know if it was just a bad night or a trend. I know the never-married stats usually look funny, but if you're talking about never married, or maybe never married plus a certain % of divorce/married etc...all 1st world nations are fucked.

(I've probably written this a dozen times on here but) In the US, from 2009 stats, it was 19 million unmarried guys from 20 to 34 vs. 15 million unmarried women. That's 26% excess overall, but if you narrow down on the 25 to 29 range it is 38% excess. I think my number for Canada is from 2006 (but age adjusted to 2011), it was 2,532,020 never married guys vs 2,218,065 women from 20 - 34 (makes sense when you consider US is ~9x population of Canada). I looked at UK and/or Australia once and the ratios were pretty similar to Canada.

Where are you getting the numbers from on te US? Gay marriage shouldn't factor in at this point, so each marriage takes roughly one man and one woman out f the pool. There are not 4 million more men age 2008 to 34 in the united States.

Even never married sounds suspicious.

Young women marry older men so that takes a younger woman out the pool for a younger man.

Messages In This Thread