rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone else feel general dislike toward members of your own ethnic group?

Anyone else feel general dislike toward members of your own ethnic group?

Huh. It's interesting to hear from the Asian members of this board. Thanks for opening up and being real.

Funny, growing up in Baltimore, I always respected the handful of Asian people I came across. They always owned the stores in my neighborhood and their kids did well in school. I still wish (poor/middle class) black people were doing those two things, we'd be a lot better off.

However, when I went off to college, I met *a lot* of depressed and unhappy Asian-Americans [usually Chinese, Korean, or Japanese-American]. They often had the same story: overbearing parents, especially mom, who didn't give them their own space to grow as a human being. Made them learn violin/piano/generic Western instrument. Beat them if they got less than an A. Their parents and culture worshipped lighter skin, and many of the girls felt ugly being the only Asian girl in their neighborhood/school, so the girls worshipped white cock and the guys were normally beta.

(Note that this dynamic is a lot rarer in Hawaii, but in HI you have Asians who've been there for 3 or 4 generations, they've fully assimilated and are comfortable in their own skin in a way that I just haven't seen from East Coast Asians.)

In a way, Asians were the exact opposite of the poor inner-city black people I grew up with. Whereas many of the poor black people I knew had parents who didn't give a shit and didn't expect them to do anything with their lives, the Asian parents hovered over their kids like helicopters and demanded nothing but becoming elite. When I have kids, I'd like to be in a middle of those two extremes: high expectations for my kids, but also give them space and let them live their lives.

Messages In This Thread